Super Sprout Salad with Chipotle Almonds
Sprouts are incredibly special as they are eaten when they are at their most vital and energetic. Packed with fibre and nutrients, they deliver not only an amazing nutritional hit, but a wonderful flavour and texture boost to anything from salads to sandwiches, stir-fries, curries or rice dishes.
GF, V, VG
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1½ cups sprouts of choice (I used a mix of lentils, chickpeas, mung beans & snow pea sprouts)
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Handful coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice ½ lime
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine almonds and chipotle paste with a pinch of salt, spread onto baking tray and bake for 5-10 mins or until just golden.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place sprouts, cucumber and coriander in bowl, tossing to combine.
- Whisk together oil and lime juice and pour over the salad.
- Top with almonds and serve.
Jicama & Sweet Potato Salad
Jicama has a sweet and nutty flavour which goes perfectly with sweet potato in this potato salad. It’s worth taking...
Rainbow Slaw Salad
This colourful salad is light, fresh and zingy. The trick, I believe, is to try to cut all of the...
Snow Pea & Prawn Salad
This beautiful salad is light yet satisfying and is perfect to whip together when cooking for just one.
Based on a lovely salad of Annabel Crabb’s, this salad is ready to go for a breakfast, lunch or dinner!