Super Sprout Salad with Chipotle Almonds
Sprouts are incredibly special as they are eaten when they are at their most vital and energetic. Packed with fibre and nutrients, they deliver not only an amazing nutritional hit, but a wonderful flavour and texture boost to anything from salads to sandwiches, stir-fries, curries or rice dishes.
GF, V, VG
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1½ cups sprouts of choice (I used a mix of lentils, chickpeas, mung beans & snow pea sprouts)
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Handful coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice ½ lime
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine almonds and chipotle paste with a pinch of salt, spread onto baking tray and bake for 5-10 mins or until just golden.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place sprouts, cucumber and coriander in bowl, tossing to combine.
- Whisk together oil and lime juice and pour over the salad.
- Top with almonds and serve.
Rocket, Toasted Quinoa & Walnut Salad
This salad is packed full of protein and also rich in magnesium, B vitamins, potassium and calcium. Make sure you...
Kale & Cabbage Salad with Pepitas & Cranberries
There are some terrific superfoods available, such as açaí, lucuma and spirulina. But don’t forget some of our standard vegetables...
Potato Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette
This salad is full of healthy leafy greens and peas which are a great source of vitamin K, manganese, dietary...
Rainbow Salad with Haloumi & Lemon Vinaigrette
This salad takes advantage of all the colours of the rainbow and is packed full of nutrients and superfoods. This...