With its rich colour and distinctive earthy flavour, turmeric is perfect for adding to dishes to increase your intake of curcumin, a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. Combining it with fibre-rich and mineral-packed chickpeas gives you a superfood side dish that complements any meal.
- 375g dried chickpeas
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- 1.5L water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Place the chickpeas, turmeric and water into a large bowl and soak overnight.
- Pour the contents of the bowl into a large pot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, until chickpeas are tender.
- Drain and toss with olive oil then season to taste.
- Serve warm or cold as part of a salad.