4 delicious and healthy recipes from our sponsors, Corn Thins
See the recipes below for some of the delicious creations you can make with Corn Thins.
Baked Sweet Potato, Mint, Pomegranate, Pepita & Feta
- 1 small sweet potato, sliced into 5-10mm slices
- Olive oil
- 6 CORN THINS® or Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slices
- 100g feta
- Sprinkle pepita seeds
- Seeds 1 pomegranate
- Mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place roasted sweet potato slices on a baking tray with baking paper. Rub a little olive oil onto each side of the sweet potato slices, then place in oven for about 45-60 mins, or when slices are slightly soft. Once cooked, put aside to cool. Any unused sweet potato can be store in the fridge for a few days.
- To ensemble, simply layer roasted sweet potato slices onto each CORN THINS® or Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slice, then sprinkle on feta, pepita seeds and pomegranate seeds. Garnish with some mint leaves. Enjoy!
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp rice-bran oil
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 15 CORN THINS® (Original) slices, crushed into small pieces
- ¾ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup whole roasted almonds
- ⅓ cup malt powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine water and sugar in small saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook for a further 1 min. Remove from heat add maple syrup, oil and chocolate and whisk until well combined.
- Place the oats, crushed CORN THINS® slices, coconut flakes, almonds, malt powder, cocoa and salt in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Pour over the hot syrup and mix until well combined.
- Spread over the prepared tray and bake for 30 mins, stirring occasionally, or until crisp and golden.
- Set aside to cool completely on tray. Serve with milk and fresh fruit.
- Store any unused muesli in an airtight container.
Gluten-free Meat Balls
Makes: 40 small meatballs
- 12 Corn Thins® Original slices
- 500g pork mince or chicken
- 500g beef mince
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 eggs
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- Olive oil, to fry
- Tzatziki, to serve
- Process Corn Thins® slices in a food processor until a fine crumb.
- In a bowl, combine ¾ of the Corn Thins® crumbs with the remaining ingredients and use clean hands to mix well.
- Form into large balls, around 1½ tbsp each. Roll each ball in remaining Corn Thins® crumbs to coat.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat and fry meatballs in batches, turning regularly for 5-6 mins or until cooked through.
- Serve with tzatziki.
Brie, Asparagus & Mushrooms
- 6 asparagus spears
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 3 CORN THINS® slices
- 50g brie
- Salt & pepper (optional)
- Steam asparagus speaks and set aside.
- To cook mushrooms, heat some oil in a saucepan. Once the oil is hot, add garlic and cook for 1 min, then add mushrooms. Stir mushrooms and cook until wet a little brown on all sides.
- Once mushrooms have been cooked, spread brie across CORN THINS® slices, add asparagus and mushrooms. Seasons with salt and pepper if desired. Serve.
How to dig for victory and grow your own food
In World War II citizens were urged to “Dig for Victory”. Today, as Greenland melts and smoke from Russian fires...
Do you love avocado? Dr Karen Bridgman shares the health benefits of the fruit
Who doesn't love smashed avocado atop their toast on the weekend? Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source...
4 nourishing and delicious recipes from our sponsors, Corn Thins
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with Corn Thins.