Apple Pie Bites Recipe
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s super quick and the portion is very modest, so you can have all the taste of a slice of apple pie without over-eating. Try them as an after-school snack with a dollop of coconut yoghurt or as a mini dessert with a tablespoon of ice cream or whipped cream.
- 2 sheets all-butter spelt frozen puff pastry (24cm × 24cm)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Pink Lady apples
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Allow puff pastry to defrost at room temperature while you preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place coconut sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and mix to combine.
- Core both apples and slice each into 8 wedges so you have 16 wedges in total.
- Slice each pastry sheet into 4 even strips, then each strip diagonally in half to form 16 triangles. Place 1 triangle on work bench and sprinkle all over with cinnamon sugar. Place 1 wedge of apple at widest end and roll up. Some apple will be sticking out both sides. Repeat to make 16 bites.
- Place on baking tray and brush with beaten egg. Bake for 15 mins until puffed and golden. Serve hot or at room temperature.
9 tips for longevity from the Blue Zones
Blue Zones are regions of the planet where a high proportion of people live to be over 100 years old....
Fast, Healthy & Delicious Fish Burger
If ever there was a super-quick, super-satisfying and super-nourishing easy meal to curb the cravings of a burger on the...
Healthy Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine
This Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine recipe is effortlessly simple and is perfect for a midweek meal. Enjoy with the...
Vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry
This vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry recipe combines creamy coconut milk with a range of spices to create the most...