Apple Pie Bites Recipe
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s super quick and the portion is very modest, so you can have all the taste of a slice of apple pie without over-eating. Try them as an after-school snack with a dollop of coconut yoghurt or as a mini dessert with a tablespoon of ice cream or whipped cream.
- 2 sheets all-butter spelt frozen puff pastry (24cm × 24cm)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Pink Lady apples
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Allow puff pastry to defrost at room temperature while you preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place coconut sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and mix to combine.
- Core both apples and slice each into 8 wedges so you have 16 wedges in total.
- Slice each pastry sheet into 4 even strips, then each strip diagonally in half to form 16 triangles. Place 1 triangle on work bench and sprinkle all over with cinnamon sugar. Place 1 wedge of apple at widest end and roll up. Some apple will be sticking out both sides. Repeat to make 16 bites.
- Place on baking tray and brush with beaten egg. Bake for 15 mins until puffed and golden. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Silverbeet, Basil and Feta Rolls Recipe
These rolls are a quick and easy lunch or dinner and perfect for fussy eaters! Why not try them out...
Autumn Fish Pie Recipe
This fresh, light and nourishing meal is the perfect pie for this time of year, plus it's super simple to...
Mushroom, Thyme and Feta Tarts Recipe
Mushrooms, thyme and garlic are a match made in heaven. Make these healthy and delicious tarts in just 30 minutes!