Apple Pie Bites Recipe
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s super quick and the portion is very modest, so you can have all the taste of a slice of apple pie without over-eating. Try them as an after-school snack with a dollop of coconut yoghurt or as a mini dessert with a tablespoon of ice cream or whipped cream.
- 2 sheets all-butter spelt frozen puff pastry (24cm × 24cm)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Pink Lady apples
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Allow puff pastry to defrost at room temperature while you preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place coconut sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and mix to combine.
- Core both apples and slice each into 8 wedges so you have 16 wedges in total.
- Slice each pastry sheet into 4 even strips, then each strip diagonally in half to form 16 triangles. Place 1 triangle on work bench and sprinkle all over with cinnamon sugar. Place 1 wedge of apple at widest end and roll up. Some apple will be sticking out both sides. Repeat to make 16 bites.
- Place on baking tray and brush with beaten egg. Bake for 15 mins until puffed and golden. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Get to know David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl from Green Kitchen Stories
David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl are the Scandinavian duo at the helm of Green Kitchen Stories. Their simple, healthy and...
Atkins Smooth Chocolate Ready to Drink
The perfect shake when watching your carb intake. Made with gluten-free ingredients and with less than one gram of sugar,...
Glow Teabag Tin - Byron Bay Tea Company
Beauty begins on the inside, which makes GLOW tea the perfect primer.
5 nutritional trends Endeavour College of Natural Health alumna, Meg Yonson, hopes will stay after the pandemic ends
Endeavour College of Natural Health alumna, Meg Yonson, explores five food trends that she hopes will stay long after this...