Apple Pie Bites Recipe
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s super quick and the portion is very modest, so you can have all the taste of a slice of apple pie without over-eating. Try them as an after-school snack with a dollop of coconut yoghurt or as a mini dessert with a tablespoon of ice cream or whipped cream.
- 2 sheets all-butter spelt frozen puff pastry (24cm × 24cm)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Pink Lady apples
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Allow puff pastry to defrost at room temperature while you preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place coconut sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and mix to combine.
- Core both apples and slice each into 8 wedges so you have 16 wedges in total.
- Slice each pastry sheet into 4 even strips, then each strip diagonally in half to form 16 triangles. Place 1 triangle on work bench and sprinkle all over with cinnamon sugar. Place 1 wedge of apple at widest end and roll up. Some apple will be sticking out both sides. Repeat to make 16 bites.
- Place on baking tray and brush with beaten egg. Bake for 15 mins until puffed and golden. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Are synthetic fragrances good for your health? We take an in-depth look
Voted allergen of the year a full decade ago, modern synthetic fragrances aren’t all that pretty behind the façade of...
Buckwheat Kasha Recipe
Kasha is a traditional Russian dish that can be made from any kind of grain. In this recipe, I’ve used...
Buckwheat Blinis Recipe
Blinis are essentially a little pancake that can be served with a savoury or sweet topping. You will love these...
Vegan Beetroot Borscht with Chickpeas and Vegetables Recipe
This traditional beetroot soup incorporates a variety of other vegetables for extra nutrition. It can be eaten cold in the...