Apple Pie Bites Recipe
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s super quick and the portion is very modest, so you can have all the taste of a slice of apple pie without over-eating. Try them as an after-school snack with a dollop of coconut yoghurt or as a mini dessert with a tablespoon of ice cream or whipped cream.
- 2 sheets all-butter spelt frozen puff pastry (24cm × 24cm)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Pink Lady apples
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Allow puff pastry to defrost at room temperature while you preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place coconut sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and mix to combine.
- Core both apples and slice each into 8 wedges so you have 16 wedges in total.
- Slice each pastry sheet into 4 even strips, then each strip diagonally in half to form 16 triangles. Place 1 triangle on work bench and sprinkle all over with cinnamon sugar. Place 1 wedge of apple at widest end and roll up. Some apple will be sticking out both sides. Repeat to make 16 bites.
- Place on baking tray and brush with beaten egg. Bake for 15 mins until puffed and golden. Serve hot or at room temperature.
A Q&A with Emily Macgregor, naturopath for Henry Blooms
Emily Macgregor is a naturopath for Henry Blooms and here she shares with us the natural health food company’s humble...
Mauritian Chicken Fricassee Recipe
This Mauritian fricassee is mild, not spicy, and still totally delicious! Try our Mauritian Chicken Fricassee recipe today.
Baked Brown Rice Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Did you know mushrooms are a great source of potassium, which is an important mineral for helping lower blood pressure...
Toasted Greens, Pomegranate and Cauliflower Rice Salad Recipe
This Middle Eastern-inspired salad is a healthy take on the classic tabouleh. Try our Toasted green, pomegranate and cauliflower...