BBQ Apricots with Lime and Coconut Yoghurt and Maple Toasted Pecans Recipe
This is the perfect way to end a summer barbecue: light, fresh and a little bit creamy. It also works equally well with peaches or pineapple.
Serves: 4 as a light dessert
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup maple syrup, plus extra to garnish
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 8 very ripe apricots (or 16 tinned apricot halves)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place pecans on roasting tray and pour over maple syrup. Mix to combine and spread out in single layer. Roast for 3–5 mins, until lightly toasted, watching carefully so they don’t burn. Set aside to cool.
- Mix together coconut yogurt, vanilla and lime zest in small bowl. Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- Slice apricots in half and remove stones. If using tinned apricots, drain and pat dry with paper towel. Place all halves flesh down on barbecue or griddle pan and cook for 2 mins until grill marks appear. Turn and cook for a further 2 mins.
- To serve, place 4 apricot halves on each serving plate and top with yoghurt mixture, pecans and a little extra maple syrup.
In conversation with James Viles
Meet James Viles, a dynamic young Australian chef known for his commitment to using ethical produce to create dishes rooted...
How you eat contributes significantly to your carbon footprint — find out how to adopt a low-carbon diet
How you eat contributes significantly to your carbon footprint. Yet a truly “low carbon” diet is complex to achieve. Discover...
Get to know David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl from Green Kitchen Stories
David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl are the Scandinavian duo at the helm of Green Kitchen Stories. Their simple, healthy and...
Vegan Fysh Sauce — Niulife
With the same great taste, this plant-powered seasoning is a deliciously healthy alternative to fish sauce.