BBQ Apricots with Lime and Coconut Yoghurt and Maple Toasted Pecans Recipe
This is the perfect way to end a summer barbecue: light, fresh and a little bit creamy. It also works equally well with peaches or pineapple.
Serves: 4 as a light dessert
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup maple syrup, plus extra to garnish
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 8 very ripe apricots (or 16 tinned apricot halves)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place pecans on roasting tray and pour over maple syrup. Mix to combine and spread out in single layer. Roast for 3–5 mins, until lightly toasted, watching carefully so they don’t burn. Set aside to cool.
- Mix together coconut yogurt, vanilla and lime zest in small bowl. Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- Slice apricots in half and remove stones. If using tinned apricots, drain and pat dry with paper towel. Place all halves flesh down on barbecue or griddle pan and cook for 2 mins until grill marks appear. Turn and cook for a further 2 mins.
- To serve, place 4 apricot halves on each serving plate and top with yoghurt mixture, pecans and a little extra maple syrup.
A taste for tahini
By exploring its artisanal roots, we discover that tahini is a paste that packs a serious punch.
Vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry
This vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry recipe combines creamy coconut milk with a range of spices to create the most...
Ginger the great: spicy, warming and powerfully healing
Aromatic, tingling, spicy, pungent and warming, ginger adds bursts of flavour to your cooking, but this plant, favoured around the...
Broccoli, Olive & Baby Spinach Pizza
Cooking for one doesn’t need to be a challenge. If you have a few core ingredients, you will be able...