Berry Salad with Skyr Dressing
Skyr has very recently become a regular on the yoghurt shelf of the supermarket, and for good reason. Originating in Iceland, it’s richer in protein compared to regular yoghurt, with a slightly tart flavour. Skyr teams beautifully with the sweetness and antioxidant rich nature of berries in this salad and the liquorice flavours of fennel. Serve with your choice of protein.
- 3 cups kale leaves, finely shredded
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt, to season
- ½ cup skyr
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 punnet strawberries, trimmed & sliced
- ½ cup blueberries, halved
- ¾ cup mint leaves, shredded (keep tops for garnish)
- ½ small bulb fennel, finely sliced
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Place kale and lemon juice in bowl, season with sea salt and massage lemon and salt into kale leaves for a few mins.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Add strawberries, blueberries, mint, fennel, walnuts and dressing to kale, toss to combine and serve.
Eton Mess with Summer Berries
This is a healthy version of the Eton mess which only takes a few minutes to whip up for a...
Grow spring fruit at home
Spring fruit is usually softer than mid- to late-summer fruit, more delicately flavoured but even more welcome.
Scandinavian weight loss berries
Scandinavian lingonberries can help with weight loss.