Berry Salad with Skyr Dressing
Skyr has very recently become a regular on the yoghurt shelf of the supermarket, and for good reason. Originating in Iceland, it’s richer in protein compared to regular yoghurt, with a slightly tart flavour. Skyr teams beautifully with the sweetness and antioxidant rich nature of berries in this salad and the liquorice flavours of fennel. Serve with your choice of protein.
- 3 cups kale leaves, finely shredded
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt, to season
- ½ cup skyr
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 punnet strawberries, trimmed & sliced
- ½ cup blueberries, halved
- ¾ cup mint leaves, shredded (keep tops for garnish)
- ½ small bulb fennel, finely sliced
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Place kale and lemon juice in bowl, season with sea salt and massage lemon and salt into kale leaves for a few mins.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Add strawberries, blueberries, mint, fennel, walnuts and dressing to kale, toss to combine and serve.
Grow spring fruit at home
Spring fruit is usually softer than mid- to late-summer fruit, more delicately flavoured but even more welcome.
Scandinavian weight loss berries
Scandinavian lingonberries can help with weight loss.
Berry good for brains
Strawberries and blueberries help the ageing brain.