Broccoli Rabe with Casarecce Pasta
Many of us use the same pasta over and over again. Every now and then, I add a bit of variety to my pasta meals. Why not give casarecce pasta a try? “Casarecce” translates to homemade and originated from Sicily. They are a short twist of pasta, which appear rolled up on themselves. I always by a whole meal flour version.
- 250g box chickpea casarecce pasta
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- 1L soy milk
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1½ tbsp Massel brand vegan “beef” stock powder
- 20 medium-sized fresh sage leaves
- ½ cup wholemeal flour mixed with ½ cup water to form a slurry
- 3 cups pumpkin, cubed & roasted
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, sliced lengthways
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- Bring saucepan of water to boil and cook chickpea casarecce pasta according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat large saucepan, add onion and garlic and sauté without oil until soft and golden brown. Add soy milk, Dijon mustard, stock powder and half the sage leaves. Add flour–water slurry and stir constantly until it boils and thickens.
- Add broccoli rabe to pasta and cook until bright green. When pasta is cooked and broccoli rabe is tender and bright green, drain. Add cooked pasta, broccoli rabe and roasted pumpkin to sauce and mix well. Add remaining sage leaves and nutritional yeast. Serve.
Grand Italian Ricotta & Spinach Gnocchi
Grand Italian Ricotta & Spinach Gnocchi are created with ricotta and vegetables for a pillowy texture, and a naturally smooth...
Grand Italian Pumpkin Gnocchi
Grand Italian Pumpkin Gnocchi are a rich yet sweet pumpkin gnocchi, created with fresh pumpkins, for a pillowy texture and...
Grand Italian Potato Gnocchi
Grand Italian Potato Gnocchi are created with fresh potatoes, for a pillowy texture and traditional Italian flavour.
3 quick & tasty pasta dishes for your mid-week menu
Made using the Vetta Rural Aid range, these quick and creative pasta dishes will tantalise your tastebuds from dinner to...