Charred Broccoli Rabe Salad
I love to chargrill broccoli rabe on the barbecue as I think it really brings out the flavour. Combined with the saltiness of the haloumi and the citrus salad dressing, it makes a delicious and very nourishing meal or side.
- Small bunch broccoli rabe
- 100g haloumi
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 handfuls watercress
- 1 preserved lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Juice & zest ½ lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Heat barbecue grill or griddle.
- Toss broccoli rabe and haloumi in olive oil and grill until broccoli rabe begins to just char and haloumi is golden brown.
- Toast pine nuts until just brown.
- Remove flesh from preserved lemon and slice skin finely.
- Combine all dressing ingredients.
- Place watercress in salad bowl. Add remaining ingredients, toss through dressing and serve immediately.
“Wat” is the Ethiopian name for stew and “Shiro Wat” is a purée-style stew made from chickpea flour. It’s a...
Ethiopian Lamb & Spinach Curry
You can serve this healthy and delicious curry with cashew nuts, leftover cold vegies, pickled carrot, yoghurt or fresh coriander.