Charred Broccoli Rabe Salad
I love to chargrill broccoli rabe on the barbecue as I think it really brings out the flavour. Combined with the saltiness of the haloumi and the citrus salad dressing, it makes a delicious and very nourishing meal or side.
- Small bunch broccoli rabe
- 100g haloumi
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 handfuls watercress
- 1 preserved lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Juice & zest ½ lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Heat barbecue grill or griddle.
- Toss broccoli rabe and haloumi in olive oil and grill until broccoli rabe begins to just char and haloumi is golden brown.
- Toast pine nuts until just brown.
- Remove flesh from preserved lemon and slice skin finely.
- Combine all dressing ingredients.
- Place watercress in salad bowl. Add remaining ingredients, toss through dressing and serve immediately.
3 recipes made with Thailand's famous riceberry rice
Have you ever tasted Thailand’s purple rice? It is a new diversity of rice called riceberry rice. Riceberry rice is...
Lime & Coconut Chilli Mussels
Chilli and mussels are a match made in heaven. Personally I adore the flavours in this Asian inspired dish more...
Spicy Asian Omelette with Sprout Salad
This spicy Asian omelette with a sprout salad makes for a sensational, nourishing breakfast, lunch or light dinner. I really...