If you’re having a kids’ party, these can be made a few days in advance and then heated up on the day of the party.
Makes: 24 small twists
- ¾ cup spelt flour
- ½ cup brown-rice flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 100g butter, cut into cubes
- 1 egg, beaten
- Approx. 2 tbsp cold water
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- Line baking tray with baking paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- To prepare pastry, place spelt, brown-rice flour, potato starch and salt in bowl with butter. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add egg and cold water and mix together until a dough is formed. If necessary add a few more tbsp of extra cold water, so that the dough just comes together and isn’t dry.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in fridge to set for 30 mins
- Remove pastry dough from fridge and roll out between 2 sheets of baking paper, trying to keep it in a rectangular shape. Cut pastry into long thin strips lengthways and then cut each strip into 4 segments. Sprinkle cheese onto each pastry piece and gently twist pastry and place onto baking tray. Continue this process with all strips of pastry.
- Bake for 20 mins until golden brown and crispy.
Chicken, Thyme, Vegetable Sausage Rolls
These sausage rolls are simple to make and are sure to become a kid’s party favourite. They make a great...
Lamb, Mint & Raisin Meatballs
These are a great snack at a kids’ party, especially if you also have adults attending. They are tastier than...
Mini Vegie Quiches
These mini vegie quiches are perfect for staving off the crazy sugar high at kids' birthday parties! Simply fill them...