Chocolate Brownie Pie
There isn’t any reason that while on a wholefood plant-based diet you have to miss out of sweet treats. This chocolate brownie pie is perfectly sweet and chocolatey and will subdue your cravings for a sweet treat in a super-healthy way.
GF, V, VG
- 2 cups cashews
- 12 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 4 tbsp soy milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Brownie Filling:
- 1½ cups raw cashews
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp ground chia seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup vegan dark chocolate, melted
- 4 tbsp shaved dark chocolate, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Oil 18cm tart tin with walls at least 4cm high and removable base and set aside.
- Process all base ingredients into fine sticky crumble in food processor. Transfer mixture into tart tin and press down into an even thin flat crust along base with hands. Set aside.
- Blend all filling ingredients until completely smooth in high-speed blender. Pour filling over crust in tin and bake for 40 mins. The pie will dome in the oven and will deflate as it cools.
- Remove from oven and cool on cake rack, then remove from tin. Once cool, spread melted chocolate over top and sprinkle with shaved chocolate.
- Place in fridge and chill for at least 20 mins (or longer) to set topping before serving.
Smoked Tofu, Avocado & Asparagus Vegan Benedict Recipe
Memorable meals can easily be reproduced with vegan ingredients, and this tofu vegan benedict will absolutely wow you in the...
Mango & Passionfruit Oat Milk Smoothie Recipe
Enjoyed as a balanced breakfast or snack throughout your day, this oat milk smoothie is packed with tropical flavour and...
Pumpkin & Walnut Breakfast Loaf Recipe
This nourishing pumpkin and walnut breakfast loaf is a healthy way to start the day, spread with some avocado, hummus...