Ultimate Ham & Cheese Toastie Recipe
Every year my family and I go camping right after Christmas and we always take the leftover leg of ham to make this scrumptious toastie. If you asked my kids, they would say these toasties are the best part of the holiday! I prepare the onion at home and we toast ours in the Weber barbecue. This is such a winning combination.
- 60g butter
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 150g aged cheddar cheese
- 4 generous slices leftover leg ham
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Sea salt (optional)
- Heat a small pot over a low to medium heat and add 40g of the butter to melt. Add the onions, honey and mustard and cook slowly, stirring regularly until the onions are soft and caramelised.
- Butter each slice of sourdough on one side.
- Heat a sandwich press, pan or barbecue plate.
- Once the onion is cooked, assemble the cheese, ham and caramelised onion in the toastie so that the buttered side of the bread is on the outside.
- Toast until the cheese is melted and the outside golden brown.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chilli and sea salt.
Roast Chicken, Potato & Cranberry Parcels Recipe
Keep your Christmas waste to a minimum with these tasty roast chicken and cranberry pastry parcels, packed with festive flavours...
Leftover Christmas Turkey Tacos Recipe
Roast Christmas turkey makes the ultimate festive feast — but it also doubles as the perfect taco filling! We can't...
Salmon, Rocket, Goat’s Cheese & Pumpkin Salad Recipe
Not sure what to do with your Christmas leftovers? Toss them together to whip up this simple yet delicious salad...
Christmas Roast Vegetables Bubble & Squeak
Got lots of Christmas leftover vegetables? Full of flavour and festive vibes, this roast veggie bubble & squeak is the...