Crusted Cauliflower Steaks
Whether you are vegan or flexitarian, this recipe is for you.
GF, V, VG
- 1 whole cauliflower
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Big pinch salt
- Big pinch cracked pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Tahini Dressing:
- ¼ cup tahini
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil or flaxseed oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup warm water
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 210°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut cauliflower downwards into thick steaks (if florets break off, bake them next to steaks).
- Place nutritional yeast in small bowl and gently crush into fine flakes with back of spoon.
- Add remaining ingredients (excluding olive oil) and mix thoroughly.
- Drizzle cauliflower steak with olive oil (or use brush to brush oil across cauliflower). Massage in so it is completely covered with oil. Sprinkle yeast “crumb” over cauliflower steak until completely covered.
- Repeat on other side. This process resembles eggless schnitzel crumbing.
- Once covered, place in oven for 20 mins, then flip over and bake for 15–20 mins on other side, or until stalk is tender and cauliflower has a beautiful golden crust.
- To make tahini dressing, whisk all ingredients together in small bowl until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over caulifower.
Are you in need of some breakfast inspiration? We think that Bircher muesli is one of the best breakfasts you...
Chunky Almond Granola
This chunky almond granola is jam-packed with dietary fibre to help lower cholesterol levels, along with B vitamins and slow-release...
Pear Spelt Pancakes with Strawberry Purée
Pears and strawberries are rich sources of vitamin C, which is vital for boosting immune function and for supporting adrenal...
Sugar-Free Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Nice-Cream
It hardly seems possible to have a no-sugar healthy ice-cream that tastes so amazingly sweet and almost like the dairy...