Date Cakes with Tahini Caramel
A lovely, nutrient-rich dessert using the sweetness of dates to replace sugar.
Makes: 6 mini-cakes
- 250g soft dates, pitted
- 100g butter at room temperature, cubed
- 200g almond meal
- 3 eggs
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 20g coconut flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp butter
- Pinch salt
- Yoghurt or cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease 6-hole muffin tin.
- Soak dates in 200mL of boiling water for 10 mins.
- Drain and place liquid in food processor, setting dates aside.
- Add butter and almond meal and blitz until smooth.
- Add eggs, salt and spices, blitzing again to combine.
- Combine the coconut flour and bicarb and add to mixture, blitzing again until combined.
- Chop soaked dates and stir though mixture.
- Divide mixture between holes of muffin tin and place in oven for 20–25 mins, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in small saucepan over low heat, whisking to combine.
- When ready to serve, pour over sauce and add yoghurt or cream as desired.
3 deliciously sweet recipes from Lakanto
Lakanto is a responsibly sweet, all-natural, one-for-one sugar replacement sweetener that cooks, bakes, and tastes like sugar, with 93 per...