Date Cakes with Tahini Caramel
A lovely, nutrient-rich dessert using the sweetness of dates to replace sugar.
Makes: 6 mini-cakes
- 250g soft dates, pitted
- 100g butter at room temperature, cubed
- 200g almond meal
- 3 eggs
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 20g coconut flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp butter
- Pinch salt
- Yoghurt or cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease 6-hole muffin tin.
- Soak dates in 200mL of boiling water for 10 mins.
- Drain and place liquid in food processor, setting dates aside.
- Add butter and almond meal and blitz until smooth.
- Add eggs, salt and spices, blitzing again to combine.
- Combine the coconut flour and bicarb and add to mixture, blitzing again until combined.
- Chop soaked dates and stir though mixture.
- Divide mixture between holes of muffin tin and place in oven for 20–25 mins, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in small saucepan over low heat, whisking to combine.
- When ready to serve, pour over sauce and add yoghurt or cream as desired.
Mini Chocolate Cakes with Poached Lavender Berries Recipe
Decadent, delicious, and topped with poached berries, these mini chocolate cakes are a ultimate sweet treat you won't be able...
3 fruity and festive vegan desserts
Celebrate summer with your favourite cheesecake, dessert or slice — let these 3 vegan recipes featuring Leda Gingernuts and Arrowroot...
Mango & Passionfruit Tart
Mangoes and passionfruit are both excellent sources of vitamin C to help support a strong functioning immune system and healthy...
Poached Chai Pear Chocolate Cake
Pears are a great source of soluble fibre, with one pear providing around a quarter of your daily recommended fibre...