Dutch Baby Pancake with Roasted Banana Recipe
This was my first time making these little babies and I based my recipe on Claire Ptak’s version. I’ve topped mine with roasted banana, walnuts and a little chocolate, but you could just as easily make a savoury version — a spinach and cheese version would be delicious!
- 3 eggs
- 150mL milk
- 100g spelt flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt flakes
- 30g ghee or unsalted butter
- 1–2 bananas
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1–2 tbsp dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place eggs, milk, flour, vanilla and salt in blender and blend until smooth.
- Place blender jug in fridge for 30–40 mins.
- Meanwhile, slice bananas lengthways and place on lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle over cinnamon and nutmeg and a drizzle of coconut oil and bake for 15 mins.
- Remove from oven and turn heat up to 220°C.
- When ready to cook Dutch baby, place oven-safe frying pan (or round dish) in oven for 10 mins to heat up.
- Add ghee or butter and carefully swirl around until melted.
- Pour pancake mixture into frypan, return to oven and bake for around 20–25 mins, until puffed at edges and golden.
- Remove from oven and arrange banana and other toppings on top.
Jam-Packed Ricepaper Rolls Recipe
Packing these ricepaper rolls with wholesome ingredients you can create delicious parcels that will make your insides and outsides happy....
Sponsor Recipes: The Culture Co. share 3 healthy recipes
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make The Culture Co. products like a healthy Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl...
Vietnamese Meatball Soup Recipe
This Vietnamese meatball soup is a delicious, fuss-free meal that is both nutritious and healing. Enjoy our Vietnamese meatball soup...
Chicken Broth Pho Recipe
Substitute a classic stock with bone broth in this refreshing pho for the ultimate one-bowl meal with our chicken broth...