Dutch Baby Pancake with Roasted Banana Recipe
This was my first time making these little babies and I based my recipe on Claire Ptak’s version. I’ve topped mine with roasted banana, walnuts and a little chocolate, but you could just as easily make a savoury version — a spinach and cheese version would be delicious!
- 3 eggs
- 150mL milk
- 100g spelt flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt flakes
- 30g ghee or unsalted butter
- 1–2 bananas
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1–2 tbsp dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place eggs, milk, flour, vanilla and salt in blender and blend until smooth.
- Place blender jug in fridge for 30–40 mins.
- Meanwhile, slice bananas lengthways and place on lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle over cinnamon and nutmeg and a drizzle of coconut oil and bake for 15 mins.
- Remove from oven and turn heat up to 220°C.
- When ready to cook Dutch baby, place oven-safe frying pan (or round dish) in oven for 10 mins to heat up.
- Add ghee or butter and carefully swirl around until melted.
- Pour pancake mixture into frypan, return to oven and bake for around 20–25 mins, until puffed at edges and golden.
- Remove from oven and arrange banana and other toppings on top.
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Japanese Vegetable Pancake Recipe
This dish has been inspired by the traditional Japanese dish okonomiyaki. Traditionally, it’s made with sliced cabbage but I’ve altered...
Roast Cauliflower Chicken Bake Recipe
This is such an easy dish to feed the whole family. Top this Roast Cauliflower Chicken Bake with the Tahini...