Dutch Baby Pancake with Roasted Banana Recipe
This was my first time making these little babies and I based my recipe on Claire Ptak’s version. I’ve topped mine with roasted banana, walnuts and a little chocolate, but you could just as easily make a savoury version — a spinach and cheese version would be delicious!
- 3 eggs
- 150mL milk
- 100g spelt flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt flakes
- 30g ghee or unsalted butter
- 1–2 bananas
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1–2 tbsp dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place eggs, milk, flour, vanilla and salt in blender and blend until smooth.
- Place blender jug in fridge for 30–40 mins.
- Meanwhile, slice bananas lengthways and place on lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle over cinnamon and nutmeg and a drizzle of coconut oil and bake for 15 mins.
- Remove from oven and turn heat up to 220°C.
- When ready to cook Dutch baby, place oven-safe frying pan (or round dish) in oven for 10 mins to heat up.
- Add ghee or butter and carefully swirl around until melted.
- Pour pancake mixture into frypan, return to oven and bake for around 20–25 mins, until puffed at edges and golden.
- Remove from oven and arrange banana and other toppings on top.
Herb and Goat’s Cheese Omelette Recipe
This omelette is high in protein, can be packed with vegies and is quick to prepare. Try this Herb and...
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Raw Coffee Slice Recipe
This nourishing slice is a guilt-free piece of heaven and a must to share with a coffee-loving significant other. Enjoy!...