Dutch Baby Pancake with Roasted Banana Recipe
This was my first time making these little babies and I based my recipe on Claire Ptak’s version. I’ve topped mine with roasted banana, walnuts and a little chocolate, but you could just as easily make a savoury version — a spinach and cheese version would be delicious!
- 3 eggs
- 150mL milk
- 100g spelt flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt flakes
- 30g ghee or unsalted butter
- 1–2 bananas
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1–2 tbsp dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place eggs, milk, flour, vanilla and salt in blender and blend until smooth.
- Place blender jug in fridge for 30–40 mins.
- Meanwhile, slice bananas lengthways and place on lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle over cinnamon and nutmeg and a drizzle of coconut oil and bake for 15 mins.
- Remove from oven and turn heat up to 220°C.
- When ready to cook Dutch baby, place oven-safe frying pan (or round dish) in oven for 10 mins to heat up.
- Add ghee or butter and carefully swirl around until melted.
- Pour pancake mixture into frypan, return to oven and bake for around 20–25 mins, until puffed at edges and golden.
- Remove from oven and arrange banana and other toppings on top.
Japanese Poke Bowl Recipe
Like a party on a plate, this Japanese Poke bowl is so much fun to eat! Try our Japanese Poke...
Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? We are too! They are a regular player in our snack bag on the run. Try our...
Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters Recipe
These easy-to-make fritters are delicious and nourishing finger food for a picnic. Try our Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters today
Tofu and Kale Braised in Coconut and Chilli Recipe
Enjoy this kale dish seasoned and dressed in cooling coconut milk and spiced up with a little bit of chilli!