Emma Dean shows us how to make Super Crunchy Granola with Blackberry Swirl
Love a tasty bowl of goodness with maximum CRUNCH? Try Masterchef winner Emma Dean’s breakfast winner. With Aussie-grown Driscoll’s Blackberries, super nutritious Red Tractor Foods Organic Rolled Oats that help reduce blood cholesterol, cold-pressed Melrose Health Organic Coconut Oil sourced from sustainable plantations and pure Aussie, Low GI Capilano Honey. Delish!
- ¼ cup Melrose Organic Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Capilano Low GI Honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups Red Tractor Organic Rolled Oats
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- Blackberry Compote:
- 250g Driscoll’s Blackberries
- Thick yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- In a small saucepan over medium–low heat, heat Melrose Organic Coconut Oil, Capilano Low GI Honey and vanilla extract until runny.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Once fully coated, spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 20–25 mins, stirring near the halfway point. Make sure to watch it bake carefully as it browns quickly.
- Once the granola is visibly browned (between 15–20 mins), remove from the oven and scoop into a bowl to let it cool. Stir a little to break it up a bit but try and keep some chunky bits as preferred.
- Place in a container with an air-tight seal. It should keep for up to 4 weeks.
- To make the blackberry compote, pick out 6–7 juicy Driscoll’s Blackberries and place them in a deep bowl. Using the back of a dessert spoon squash the blackberries against the side of the bowl until they have all burst. (Tip: Try not to wear anything white when pressing blackberries.) Add a good dollop of yoghurt and gently fold until swirls appear.
- Layer the blackberry swirl and granola in clear glasses and serve.
Fluffy Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe
These gluten-free pancakes offer a sweet breakfast or brunch treat that is fluffy, light and delicious — a delight for your...
Mock Tuna Open Sandwich Recipe
Late-morning breakfasts that turn into lunch are a great excuse to combine flavours and textures, and this vegan tuna sandwich...
Bruschetta with Pomegranates & Bocconcini Recipe
The fresh burst of pomegranate in this breakfast bruschetta offers a fantastic taste explosion for the ultimate brekkie, brunch or...
Coconut & Peanut Granola Clusters Recipe
This gluten-free granola recipe has plenty of crunch and flavour and makes the ultimate brekkie fix. Simply make it, store...