Gado Gado-Style Salad Recipe
This is based on a popular Indonesian salad that’s fresh and light. The key is to cut all the ingredients differently to make it texturally interesting: grated, sliced, cubed or torn. To save time, you could buy ready-made satay sauce, but it only takes a minute in the blender once you gather all the ingredients.
- Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 red chilli
- Juice 2 limes
- 1 tbsp kecap manis
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 4 eggs
- 8 new potatoes
- 200g marinated tofu, sliced into small cubes
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced into half circles
- ½ cup sugar snap peas
- 4 radishes, sliced into rounds
- 1 carrot, grated or julienned
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup coriander leaves, lightly packed
- To make peanut sauce, place all ingredients in high-powered blender and process until smooth, 1–2 mins. Pour into bowl, cover and place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Place eggs in small saucepan and boil to your liking, 3 mins for soft and 5 mins for hard-boiled. Drain and run under cold water. Peel and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place new potatoes in medium saucepan and cover with cold tap water. Bring to boil over high heat, then turn down to medium and simmer for 10 mins until tender. Throw sugar snap peas into pot for last 1 min. Drain all vegetables under cold running water and set aside.
- To serve, spread peanut sauce on plates, then arrange all ingredients on top decoratively, finishing with coriander leaves to garnish. Alternatively, to serve a crowd, arrange all vegetables on a platter with sauce in bowl for dipping.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Indian Spiced Cauliflower Recipe
This delicious and healthy dish is especially lovely served with basmati rice cooked in coconut milk.
Tuna Tikka Curry Recipe
Be inspired by this lip-smacking, antioxidant- and omega-3-rich meal that will melt in your mouth and satisfy and delight the...
Cauliflower and Turmeric Brown Rice Recipe
Adding turmeric to meals regularly is a great way to help improve your liver function and protect against chronic diseases....
Gluten-Free Lemon Zucchini Pasta Recipe
Looking for a quick, healthy and cheap dinner tonight? Try this gorgeous gluten-free pasta recipe using zoodles!