Gado Gado-Style Salad Recipe
This is based on a popular Indonesian salad that’s fresh and light. The key is to cut all the ingredients differently to make it texturally interesting: grated, sliced, cubed or torn. To save time, you could buy ready-made satay sauce, but it only takes a minute in the blender once you gather all the ingredients.
- Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 red chilli
- Juice 2 limes
- 1 tbsp kecap manis
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 4 eggs
- 8 new potatoes
- 200g marinated tofu, sliced into small cubes
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced into half circles
- ½ cup sugar snap peas
- 4 radishes, sliced into rounds
- 1 carrot, grated or julienned
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup coriander leaves, lightly packed
- To make peanut sauce, place all ingredients in high-powered blender and process until smooth, 1–2 mins. Pour into bowl, cover and place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Place eggs in small saucepan and boil to your liking, 3 mins for soft and 5 mins for hard-boiled. Drain and run under cold water. Peel and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place new potatoes in medium saucepan and cover with cold tap water. Bring to boil over high heat, then turn down to medium and simmer for 10 mins until tender. Throw sugar snap peas into pot for last 1 min. Drain all vegetables under cold running water and set aside.
- To serve, spread peanut sauce on plates, then arrange all ingredients on top decoratively, finishing with coriander leaves to garnish. Alternatively, to serve a crowd, arrange all vegetables on a platter with sauce in bowl for dipping.
Vegan Bento Bowl Recipe
This vegan bento bowl will make you feel a sense of Zen as you enjoy an organised meal full of...
The Perfect Breakfast Board Recipe
Give sugary, boxed breakfast cereals a miss and opt for this nutrient-dense gluten-free breakfast bored to power you from sunrise...
Lentil Savoury Mince Recipe
This vegan mince can be used in an abundance of ways and is a yummy simple way to keep your...
Jamaican Lamb Curry Recipe
This easy-to-make lamb curry packs some of the most delicious flavours of Jamaican cooking into one hearty meal best served...