Green Japanese-inspired Omelette
This big breakfast ticks all the boxes for nutrition and flavour. It provides a rich source of protein, vitamins and minerals from eggs, plenty of quality carbohydrate from brown rice and healthy fats with avocado — and the flavour inspired by Japan will definitely have you looking forward to making this brekkie every weekend for many to come!
GF, V, VG
- ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ½ red shallot, finely sliced
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- ¼ cup frozen peas, blanched for 1 min & drained
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 free-range eggs, whisked
- 1-2 tbsp Asian pickles, sauerkraut or kimchi
- 1 tbsp furikake or gomasio
- ¼ avocado, peeled & sliced
- Heat frying pan on medium heat, add extra-virgin olive oil to coat pan, then add brown rice, shallot, zucchini and peas and cook for 3 mins, tossing frequently. Remove from pan, cover and set aside. Wipe pan clean, then add sesame oil to coat, followed by eggs to make omelette. Cook for 2 mins one side, flip and cook a further 1–2 mins.
- To serve, turn omelette onto plate, fill with brown rice and vegetable combination, fold over and top with pickles, furikake or gomasio and avocado.
Note: Furikake is a Japanese seasoning available in Asian supermarkets. Gomasio is a combination of toasted sesame seeds and sea salt crushed together.
Berry, Pepita & Walnut Fruit Salad with Sweet Cashew Cream Recipe
Level up your fruit salad with this sweet and smooth easy-to-prepare cashew cream, you can enjoy good health and a...
Cauliflower Cashew Curry Recipe
This is a really tasty vegan curry recipe that is perfect as a nourishing stand-alone meal or served with rice...
3 chicken dinner recipes to add to your weekly menu
Made with The Bare Bird's antibiotic-free, accredited free-range chickens, these delicious chicken dinner recipes are guaranteed to be love at...