Grilled Mushroom, Quinoa Tabbouleh, Avocado & Cashew Cheese
The best breakfasts are those you can also eat for dinner too, and this one is a definite for both. It’s loaded with vegetables, rich in plant proteins from quinoa and cashew cheese and is meaty and sustaining thanks to mushroom without having the meat. A favourite on my menu repertoire for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
GF, V, VG
- 4 flat mushrooms
- 1½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ears sweet corn, kernels sliced from cob
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 100g cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 red shallot, finely sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint
- ¼ small red capsicum, seeds removed & diced small
- 2 tsp apple-cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cashew cheese
- ½ avocado, mashed
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Rub mushrooms with 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil. Heat frying pan on medium–high heat, add mushrooms, cover and cook 5 mins, then flip and cook a further 5 mins. Set aside, covered to stay warm, and wipe out pan.
- Add ½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil to pan, followed by corn, and cook for 3 mins, tossing frequently.
- To make quinoa tabbouleh, combine sweet corn, quinoa, cherry tomatoes, shallot, parsley, mint, capsicum and apple-cider vinegar or lemon in bowl and toss to combine.
- To serve, spoon tabouleh into bowls, top with mushrooms, cashew cheese and avocado and season with sea salt and black pepper.
Berry, Pepita & Walnut Fruit Salad with Sweet Cashew Cream Recipe
Level up your fruit salad with this sweet and smooth easy-to-prepare cashew cream, you can enjoy good health and a...
Cauliflower Cashew Curry Recipe
This is a really tasty vegan curry recipe that is perfect as a nourishing stand-alone meal or served with rice...
3 chicken dinner recipes to add to your weekly menu
Made with The Bare Bird's antibiotic-free, accredited free-range chickens, these delicious chicken dinner recipes are guaranteed to be love at...