A Mexican friend taught me this recipe and I love it. It’s just as good with only cucumber if you can’t get your hands on jicama. I’ve added celery too because I love the freshness. In the original recipe my friend used a tablespoon of mayonnaise — you can definitely add that too!
- 6cm piece jicama, finely diced
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 5 tbsp yoghurt
- Salt, to taste
- Tortilla chips or sourdough, to serve
- Place all veggies in bowl.
- Add lime juice and yoghurt and stir to combine.
- Season with salt, taste, and add more salt if needed.
- Serve with tortilla chips or sourdough.
- Tip: Make sure everything is finely diced; the size of the cubes really makes this salsa a refreshing pleasure to eat. If you want a creamier consistency use half mayonnaise and half sour cream.