Give this simple yet delicious soup some extra zing with fresh coriander and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 knob ginger, sliced
- 4 cups fish or chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5g roasted dried seaweed
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or fish sauce
- 2 eggs beaten
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or pot and stir-fry the garlic and ginger, then add stock and water and bring it to the boil.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the eggs, stir and bring to the boil again.
- While the stock is boiling, stir in the beaten eggs.
- Once the eggs are cooked through, divide the soup into bowls and serve immediately.