This deconstructed parfait is a delicious dessert that my whole family loves. We often make it for friends and family over the Australia Day weekend.
- 170g almond meal
- 170g rice-malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 4 large free-range or organic eggs
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or essence
- Raspberry Coulis:
- 120g frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp water
- Chocolate Sauce:
- 2 tbsp cacao (unsweetened Dutch process or raw)
- 100g coconut oil
- 2–4 tbsp rice-malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp milk (coconut milk if you’re dairy-free
- 300mL cream, whipped (coconut cream if you’re dairy-free)
- ½ cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line slice tin with baking paper.
- In food processor or large bowl, mix all cake ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour into lined slice tin and bake for 20 mins or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- To make raspberry coulis, defrost raspberries and blend with water until purée forms. Optionally, pass through sieve to remove seeds if desired.
- Place chocolate sauce ingredients in small saucepan and heat over very low heat, stirring until combined.
- To assemble, dice half the cake into 3cm pieces.
- Layer ingredients in 4 glasses: start with cream, followed by 1 tbsp of coulis, a few squares of cake, a couple of tbsp of chocolate sauce, 1 tbsp flaked coconut, cream, cake, chocolate sauce and coconut and finish with cream, coulis and toasted coconut.
- Keep chilled in fridge until ready to serve.
- Slice remaining cake and freeze.
Spiced Labneh Dip
Create an all-round delicious dip recipe packed with simple fresh ingredients, all while keeping it creamy and delicious. Use sourdough...
Sugar-Free Vegan Sticky Date Cacao Pudding with Banana Nice Cream
The best thing about this sugar-free chocolate date pudding is that it’s so delicious, yet so easy to make. With...
Collagen & Flax Chocolate Bars
The most abundant protein in our bodies, collagen, is found in our muscles, skin, bones, blood vessels and digestive tract....