Mango Whip with Salted Macadamia Caramel
This is such a delicious chilled dessert. If you love mango and you love caramel, then this is heaven in a glass.
GF, V, VG
- Mango Whip:
- 2 ripe mangos, stone and peel removed
- 250mL full-fat coconut cream
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric (optional)
- 115g rice-malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 120mL full-fat coconut milk
- Good pinch sea salt
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup toasted macadamia nuts
- Edible flowers (optional)
- In high-speed blender, blend all mango whip ingredients together until light and fluffy. Divide into 4 serving glasses, cover and chill until ready to serve.
- To make caramel, combine sweetener of choice, coconut milk, sea salt and ginger in saucepan and heat until simmering rapidly and foaming. Simmer for 10 mins until caramel starts to thicken.
- Stir in toasted macadamia nuts and pour into small glass container. Refrigerate for 1 hr or until ready to serve. It will thicken as it chills.
- To serve, top mango whip with dollop of caramel and optionally edible flowers. Serve chilled.
“Wat” is the Ethiopian name for stew and “Shiro Wat” is a purée-style stew made from chickpea flour. It’s a...
Ethiopian Lamb & Spinach Curry
You can serve this healthy and delicious curry with cashew nuts, leftover cold vegies, pickled carrot, yoghurt or fresh coriander.