Marinated Mushroom Salad Recipe
Mushrooms are nutrient-dense and add a delicious umami flavour to dishes. Eating mushrooms raw via being marinated is a much fresher approach during the warmer months and this salad is a lovely addition to your festive table alongside richer meats like duck or pork.
- 125mL cold-pressed olive oil
- 50mL white balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp fresh dill, leaves only, finely chopped
- 1 blood orange, sliced in half
- Salt & pepper
- 400g button mushrooms, cleaned & quartered
- ½ fresh pomegranate
- Large bunch watercress
- Place oil, vinegar and dill in large bowl. Squeeze one half of blood orange into bowl (reserve other half for garnish), season with salt and pepper, and whisk until combined.
- Add mushroom to marinade and stir until all thoroughly coated. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- To easily remove seeds from pomegranate, slice in half and hold, cut-side down, over bowl. Using wooden spoon, hit skin-side firmly several times. Seeds should fall into bowl, ready for use. Set aside.
- Wash watercress, remove any tough stems and place in mixing bowl. Drain marinade from mushrooms and pour over watercress. Toss to coat and arrange on serving platter, leaving any excess marinade behind.
- Arrange mushrooms on top of watercress and garnish with pomegranate seeds and slices of blood orange.
3 deliciously cheesy summer dinner recipes
These tasty dinner essentials are made using Aussie-made, Italian-style cheese from That’s Amore and are sure to become regulars in...
Christmas Roast Vegetables Bubble & Squeak
Got lots of Christmas leftover vegetables? Full of flavour and festive vibes, this roast veggie bubble & squeak is the...
Emma Dean's zesty mushroom pasta recipe
If you're on the hunt for an easy family dinner dish, Emma's zesty, herby mushroom pasta is your answer. The...
Emma Dean's Mediterranean-style baked butterflied chicken recipe
Looking for a simple and tasty dinner staple? Try Emma Dean's Mediterranean-style baked butterflied chicken recipe for a meal the...