Marinated Mushroom Salad Recipe
Mushrooms are nutrient-dense and add a delicious umami flavour to dishes. Eating mushrooms raw via being marinated is a much fresher approach during the warmer months and this salad is a lovely addition to your festive table alongside richer meats like duck or pork.
- 125mL cold-pressed olive oil
- 50mL white balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp fresh dill, leaves only, finely chopped
- 1 blood orange, sliced in half
- Salt & pepper
- 400g button mushrooms, cleaned & quartered
- ½ fresh pomegranate
- Large bunch watercress
- Place oil, vinegar and dill in large bowl. Squeeze one half of blood orange into bowl (reserve other half for garnish), season with salt and pepper, and whisk until combined.
- Add mushroom to marinade and stir until all thoroughly coated. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- To easily remove seeds from pomegranate, slice in half and hold, cut-side down, over bowl. Using wooden spoon, hit skin-side firmly several times. Seeds should fall into bowl, ready for use. Set aside.
- Wash watercress, remove any tough stems and place in mixing bowl. Drain marinade from mushrooms and pour over watercress. Toss to coat and arrange on serving platter, leaving any excess marinade behind.
- Arrange mushrooms on top of watercress and garnish with pomegranate seeds and slices of blood orange.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Jackfruit Lettuce Cup Tacos with Pickled Cabbage Recipe
Jackfruit is a low-glycaemic index fruit that’s high in fibre, so it won’t cause spikes in blood sugar levels. Win,...
Pulled Jackfruit San Choy Bau Recipe
Make this delicious meal more substantial by serving with rice noodles in the lettuce cups if you like.
Autumn Fish Pie Recipe
This fresh, light and nourishing meal is the perfect pie for this time of year, plus it's super simple to...
Mushroom, Thyme and Feta Tarts Recipe
Mushrooms, thyme and garlic are a match made in heaven. Make these healthy and delicious tarts in just 30 minutes!