Marinated Mushroom Salad Recipe
Mushrooms are nutrient-dense and add a delicious umami flavour to dishes. Eating mushrooms raw via being marinated is a much fresher approach during the warmer months and this salad is a lovely addition to your festive table alongside richer meats like duck or pork.
- 125mL cold-pressed olive oil
- 50mL white balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp fresh dill, leaves only, finely chopped
- 1 blood orange, sliced in half
- Salt & pepper
- 400g button mushrooms, cleaned & quartered
- ½ fresh pomegranate
- Large bunch watercress
- Place oil, vinegar and dill in large bowl. Squeeze one half of blood orange into bowl (reserve other half for garnish), season with salt and pepper, and whisk until combined.
- Add mushroom to marinade and stir until all thoroughly coated. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- To easily remove seeds from pomegranate, slice in half and hold, cut-side down, over bowl. Using wooden spoon, hit skin-side firmly several times. Seeds should fall into bowl, ready for use. Set aside.
- Wash watercress, remove any tough stems and place in mixing bowl. Drain marinade from mushrooms and pour over watercress. Toss to coat and arrange on serving platter, leaving any excess marinade behind.
- Arrange mushrooms on top of watercress and garnish with pomegranate seeds and slices of blood orange.
Emma Dean shares her recipe for Asian Style Beef Cheeks
Want a dinner winner? Try Masterchef winner Emma Dean's Asian Style Cape Grim Tasmanian Natural Beef Cheeks, seasoned with Murray...
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Roast Cauliflower Chicken Bake Recipe
This is such an easy dish to feed the whole family. Top this Roast Cauliflower Chicken Bake with the Tahini...
Beef Massaman Recipe
This Beef Massaman is a nutritionally balanced meal offering quality protein, good fats and plant-based carbohydrates to support and nourish...