Medicinal Ginger Cookies Recipe
I love ginger snaps and these are a slightly chewier version that really pack a punch. The hit of ginger makes these cookies a nice little tonic for settling digestion due to ginger’s anti-nausea and anti-inflammatory properties, and the molasses provides iron-rich nourishment and a gorgeous rich flavour.
Makes: 20–24 cookies
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp brown-rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 250g rolled oats
- 75g coconut sugar
- 2–4 tsp ground ginger, or to taste
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg (freshly ground if possible)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place coconut oil, molasses, brown rice syrup and vanilla in small saucepan and whisk together over low heat until combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add oats to blender and blitz to crumb.
- Pour into mixing bowl and add coconut sugar, ginger, nutmeg, salt and baking powder, and mix well to combine.
- Pour coconut oil mixture into dry ingredients and mix.
- Add egg and mix again until all combined.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of mixture (I like to use a small ice-cream scoop for ease and an even result) and form balls on 2 lined baking trays.
- Bake for 12–15 mins, or until slightly golden.
- Remove and allow to cool for 5 mins on baking tray, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Get to know David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl from Green Kitchen Stories
David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl are the Scandinavian duo at the helm of Green Kitchen Stories. Their simple, healthy and...
Beetroot and Feta Croquette Appetiser Recipe
These simple beetroot and feta croquettes offer an easy, delicious and colourful appetiser to add to your entertaining menu.
Lemon Risotto Croquettes with Pesto Recipe
These delicious gluten-free croquettes are perfect served as an appetiser or as a vegetarian meal topped with marinara sauce, parmesan...
Coconut & Hemp Crumbed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Pumped with plant protein and essential fats, these gluten-free crumbed Brussels sprouts are the ultimate vegan snack, side or lunch!