Medicinal Ginger Cookies Recipe
I love ginger snaps and these are a slightly chewier version that really pack a punch. The hit of ginger makes these cookies a nice little tonic for settling digestion due to ginger’s anti-nausea and anti-inflammatory properties, and the molasses provides iron-rich nourishment and a gorgeous rich flavour.
Makes: 20–24 cookies
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp brown-rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 250g rolled oats
- 75g coconut sugar
- 2–4 tsp ground ginger, or to taste
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg (freshly ground if possible)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place coconut oil, molasses, brown rice syrup and vanilla in small saucepan and whisk together over low heat until combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add oats to blender and blitz to crumb.
- Pour into mixing bowl and add coconut sugar, ginger, nutmeg, salt and baking powder, and mix well to combine.
- Pour coconut oil mixture into dry ingredients and mix.
- Add egg and mix again until all combined.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of mixture (I like to use a small ice-cream scoop for ease and an even result) and form balls on 2 lined baking trays.
- Bake for 12–15 mins, or until slightly golden.
- Remove and allow to cool for 5 mins on baking tray, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Parmesan-Roasted Okra with Corn Recipe
Okra has been used traditionally as a food and medicine for hundreds of years in South America, Africa and the...
Okra, Haloumi & Bulgur Salad Recipe
The combination of pan-fried okra, haloumi, pomegranate and fresh herbs makes this salad a simple weekday dish. Okra often has...
Okra with Kefir Lime, Coconut Rice and Sambal Recipe
I absolutely love the combination of the okra with this incredible rice! This is a very simple method of cooking...
Okra Panzanella Recipe
I love adding olives and roasted capsicum to this traditional Tuscan-inspired recipe. The addition of pan-fried okra and lemon gives...