Mushroom Verde Sopa
Mushroom Verde Sopa
Murray River Salt “Salt Flakes” are produced from the pristine brines sourced from the ancient underground aquifers of the Murray Darling Basin. Famous chefs, restaurant owners to foodies from around the globe love the sprinkle of the naturally pink Salt Flakes. With their unique flavour and texture, you will really taste the difference.
- Salsa Verde:
- Zest 1 lemon
- 2 spring onions
- 1 clove garlic
- Fresh herbs such as flat-leaf parsley, sage, thyme, mint, dill, tarragon
- 30g capers
- Generous pinch Murray River Salt Flakes
- 80–100g fresh lemon juice
- 100g extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 batch Salsa Verde (recipe above):
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 20g tinned chipotle chilli in adobo sauce
- 50mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 250g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 150g red capsicum, diced
- 1-2 fresh corn cobs, kernels sliced off
- 70g buckwheat groats
- 600g liquid vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Murray River Salt Flakes
- Crumbled feta, fried tortillas, fresh coriander leaves & lime wedges to garnish
- To make Salsa Verde, place lemon zest, spring onions, garlic and herbs into a food processor and chop for a few secs to bring together. Add remaining ingredients and blend on a high speed until well combined and sauce-like. Set aside in the fridge.
- Place garlic, onion and chipotle chilli in adobo sauce into a large saucepan with olive oil.
- Sauté for a few mins on a medium high heat, stirring, until fragrant and starting to caramelise.
- Add mushrooms and red capsicum and sauté for a few more mins.
- Add remaining ingredients other than garnishes and cover. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for around 20 mins or until the vegetables are well cooked.
- Serve in generous helpings, drizzled with plenty of Salsa Verde and with all of the accompaniments on the side.
- Tip: Use Salsa Verde in soups, on quesadillas, fried rice, scrambled or poached eggs, roasted potatoes, meat or fish of any kind, as a dressing on salads, dipping sauce for anything you feel like.