Nourishing Breakfast Bowl
This is the king of breakfast bowls, and you’ll feel like royalty sitting down to this collection of vibrant ingredients first thing in the morning. Loaded with greens, wholesome brown rice, gorgeous orange sweet potato, satiating eggs and a super-tasty tahini-based dressing, this is a great recipe for preparing food mindfully and honouring yourself.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & sliced thinly lengthways
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted + extra as needed
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 heaped tbsp blanched almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cups sliced green beans
- 1 bunch kale, stems & spines removed, roughly chopped
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cucumber, spiralised into noodles
- 1 avocado, peeled & sliced
- 2 sheets nori, torn, or handful dried nori strips
- Toasted sesame seeds, for sprinkling (optional)
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in jar, seal tightly and shake until combined.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place sweet potato in a roasting pan, drizzle over half coconut oil and bake for 10–15 mins, until cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast almonds in dry frying pan over medium heat and set aside.
- Heat remaining coconut oil in frying pan over medium heat and sauté garlic and spring onions for 1–2 mins. Add beans and kale and stir-fry for 3–4 mins, until cooked through. Add spinach and cook for 1–2 mins, until wilted. Move greens to one side of pan and fry eggs to taste, adding a little more oil if needed.
- In two wide shallow bowls, arrange brown rice, spiralised cucumber, cooked greens and avocado, then top with almonds, sweet potato, nori and a fried egg. Drizzle dressing over and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if using, and pepper.
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup filtered water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Zest 1 lemon
- Few drops liquid stevia or sweetener of choice
- 1½ tsp wheat-free tamari or coconut aminos
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
English Baked Beans on Toast
Tinned baked beans are full of sugar and salt. Once you’ve tried this recipe, you won’t buy tinned beans ever...
Are you in need of some breakfast inspiration? We think that Bircher muesli is one of the best breakfasts you...
Mushroom, Tomato, Avocado & Greens on Sourdough Toast
You can still enjoy a big Sunday brekkie on a whole-food plant-based diet. It’s delicious, nutritious and will make you...