Greens Bowl with Pesto Yoghurt Recipe
Ready for a nutritious greens hit? Look no further than this fibre-packed bowl. Not only are you hitting your daily veg requirements but you’ll also gain valuable sources of magnesium for energy and sleep, sulforaphane for blood glucose control, plant proteins for repair and plenty of flavour too.
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, trimmed & halved
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ × 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 2 cups mixed rocket & baby spinach
- ½ avocado
- 1 spring onion, white part only, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp almonds, roughly chopped & lightly toasted
- 1 cup frozen peas, blanched
- ½ cup sauerkraut
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Pesto Yoghurt
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 3 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Place brussels sprouts and broccoli florets on one tray and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, toss to coat and season with sea salt.
- Place chickpeas on other tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, toss to coat then place both trays in oven to cook for 30 mins.
- Whisk together ingredients for pesto yoghurt and set aside.
- Once cooked layer rocket and spinach on the base of each bowl, top with even portions of the broccoli and Brussels sprouts, followed by chickpeas, avocado, spring onion, almonds, peas and sauerkraut.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds, and serve with lemon wedges and pesto yoghurt for dressing.
Detox your skin for summer with these great tips
Your guide to healthy, clear and attractive skin this summer.
Summer babies may get a head start in life
How do you give your child a head start in life? Make sure they're born in the sunniest months.