One-Pan Crunchy Chickpea Pesto Potato & Brussels Sprouts
One-pan bakes are some of the best ways to be resourceful and sustainable in the way you eat, using up whatever is left in the fridge and pantry. We usually have starchy staples like potato or sweet potato in the vegie box, plenty of legumes in the cupboard, bits and pieces of herbs needing to be used or blitzed into a pesto and a great selection of condiments like olives, capers, sauerkraut etc, which all bring a meal like this to life. You can swap potatoes for sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts for cabbage, chickpeas for cannellini beans, cheese for nutritional yeast in the recipe — and still have a scrumptious one-tray meal ready without too much effort and maximum nutrition.
- 600g kipfler potatoes, washed and quartered
- 450g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 2 red capsicums, seeds removed & flesh cut into 4–5cm chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled & sliced into eighths
- ¼ cup or 60ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp capers
- 3 tbsp Kalamata or Sicilian olives, whole & pitted
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 2 lemon wedges
- ½ cup parsley
- ¼ cup finely shaved parmesan
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place potatoes, Brussels sprouts, chickpeas, capsicum and onion on tray, drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle capers and olives around tray among vegetables and place in oven for 1 hr.
- Once cooked, drizzle pesto around vegetables, squeeze lemon over all ingredients, and add parmesan and parsley to finish.
Veg-Packed Chickpea Burgers Recipe
Looking for a delicious dinner option that's jam-packed with vegetables? These easy and tasty burgers made with black beans and...
Chickpea & Roast Veggie Apricot Tagine with Cauliflower Rice Recipe
Packed with nutritious chickpeas, veggies and flavour to boot, this vegetarian tagine helps maintain healthy energy levels and tastes delicious!
Vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry
This vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry recipe combines creamy coconut milk with a range of spices to create the most...