One-Pan Curried Salmon & Rainbow Veggies
There are a few spices I keep in my cupboard to turn simple ingredients into super-flavoursome meals, and curry powder and cumin are definitely among them. In this nutritious one-pan meal, I’ve created a simple curry flavour using these two key ingredients and teamed them with a seasonal chutney to finish. Ready in 20 minutes — go!
- 2 × 140–160g salmon fillets
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- ½ bunch or 160g baby carrots or regular carrots, sliced into quarters
- 2 small zucchini, sliced lengthways into 1cm thick pieces
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Seasonal chutney and sauerkraut (preferably curried), fresh lemon wedges and mint leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Arrange salmon in middle of tray with broccolini, carrots, zucchini and tomatoes around it. Drizzle vegetables with coconut oil.
- Mix 1½ tsp curry powder with cumin in small bowl, sprinkle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tsp curry powder over salmon, then place in oven to cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges, mint leaves and your choice of seasonal chutney and sauerkraut.
This is super-simple to make, and offers a low-calorie, gluten-free, low-carbohydrate and grain-free alternative to regular rice. The best part...
Tempeh Snow Pea & King Oyster Mushroom Stir-Fry
When you come home from work hungry and tired, the last thing you want to do is cook an elaborate...
Red Lentil Dahl with Brown Rice, Lime Pickle & Mango Chutney
Red lentils are a great source of low-fat, plant-based protein and contain a wealth of B vitamins, many essential minerals...