One-Pan Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower & Beans with Harissa Yoghurt
This one-pan dish would have to be up there as one of my all-time favourites. The hearty nature of the cauliflower “steaks” accompanied by the carrots and beans makes it a really substantial meal without the fuss.
Serves: 2–3 as a main, or 4 as a side
- 1 head cauliflower, sliced into 2cm thick “steaks” (see tip below)
- 250g carrots, trimmed and cut into quarters
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 400g tin butterbeans, rinsed and drained
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup currants
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced, white part only (see tip below)
- ½ cup mint leaves, finely sliced
- ½ cup parsley leaves, finely sliced
- Moroccan Spice Mix:
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Harissa Yoghurt:
- ½ cup natural yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt for vegan option)
- 1½ tsp harissa spice mix
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Blend Moroccan spice mix ingredients in small bowl.
- Place cauliflower steaks and carrots on tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Moroccan spice mix, toss gently to avoid cauliflower breaking, and coat evenly.
- Place in oven to cook for 40 mins until golden.
- While vegies are cooking, combine ingredients for harissa yoghurt in small bowl and set aside.
- Once vegies are cooked, arrange butterbeans, tomatoes, currants, sunflower seeds, spring onion and freshly sliced herbs around tray.
- Place harissa yoghurt on side and serve.
- Tips: Cut cauliflower steaks by keeping the cauliflower head whole and slicing down along the cauliflower about 1–1½ cm thick. You’ll generally get about 4 big steaks from a head of cauliflower along with smaller pieces. Keep the green parts of the spring onions and use in salads, Asian dishes, soups and broths.
Cauliflower Cheese Slice Recipe
This delicious slice is like a bowl of cauliflower cheese, all packaged up into a one-pan, gluten-free, protein-rich slice –...
Beautiful Brassicas: Everything you need to know about broccoli, cabbage & cauliflower
Broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower are members of the same family, known as “brassicas”. We take a look at the nutritious...
Creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
This creamy, lush cauliflower soup is the ultimate warming, soul food. It's perfect for vegetarian dinners and gluten-free too!
Sweet Corn Puree With Baked Cauliflower & Spinach
This recipe transforms wholesome sweet corn into a heavenly miso-flavoured puree to match with baked cauliflower and sautéed spinach.