Overnight Kefir Oats & Chia Brekkie Bowl
On a Sunday eve I will often soak oats and chia seeds ready to see me through the start of the week. They’re a wonderful source of energy, fibre and healthy fats, and with the inclusion of kefir to the oats add valuable live enzymes to a big breakfast bowl too.
- Kefir Oats:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1½ cups coconut water kefir
- ¾ tsp ground turmeric
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Soaked Chia:
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 3 tbsp granola
- To make kefir oats, combine all ingredients in bowl, mix, cover and place in fridge to soak overnight.
- To make soaked chia, combine all ingredients in bowl, mix, set aside for 10 mins, mix again, then cover and place in fridge to soak overnight.
- To serve, spoon ¼ of kefir oats and chia into 4 bowls, spread nut butter and coconut yoghurt around edge of each bowl, top with sliced banana, granola, walnuts and berries and serve.
3 deliciously sweet recipes from Table of Plenty
Table of Plenty’s Balance+ Muesli is a delicious blend of toasted almonds, coconut and seeds with a hint of vanilla...
Corn and Haloumi Fritters
These are delightful little fritters that are more about showcasing the ingredients than the fritter itself. They make a wonderful,...
An extremely simple but filling breakfast that is endlessly adaptable to what you have on hand.