Peach Caprese Salad Recipe
Fresh mozzarella is my weakness! This dish is my fruity take on the traditional caprese salad of tomato, mozzarella and basil. At the height of summer, it’s the ultimate fuss-free dinner, using fragrant in-season peaches. Find the very best mozzarella, cold-pressed olive oil and balsamic vinegar you can get your hands on — it makes all the difference as there are so few ingredients.
- 4 balls fresh mozzarella*, sliced
- 2 large peaches, sliced
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- Cracked pepper
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Arrange mozzarella and peach slices, overlapping slightly, on serving plates or large platter. Scatter over basil leaves. Drizzle with a little olive oil and cracked black pepper.
- Pour rest of olive oil into small dish and add balsamic vinegar. Serve alongside plates with crusty bread for dipping.
- * Fresh mozzarella are white balls of fresh cheese sold in tubs. Not to be confused with hard mozzarella that is yellow and wrapped in plastic or grated in packs.
Prebiotics 101: The healthy gut diet
The gut microbiome is essential for human health and prebiotics are essential for the microbiome. Here's everything you need to...
Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day? We take a look at the science
As science catches up with homespun wisdom, we are finding that breakfast genuinely is the most important meal of the...
Is this molecule the secret to a longer, healthier life?
NAD+ sits at the epicentre of energy production, DNA repair and the restriction of free radicals. Boosting it could be...
For the love of legumes: Everything you need to know about the plant-based powerhouses
Healthy, environmentally friendly, cheap and incredibly tasty. It’s time to add the underrated legume to your weekly meal plan.