Popcorn Caramel Chews
These chews take just minutes to make and are a delicious, no-bake treat. They are great for kids’ parties and give traditional honey joys a run for their money!
Makes: 18 chews
GF, V, VG
- ½ cup coconut butter (see note below)
- ½ cup rice-malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla powder, extract or essence
- 3 cups popcorn, plain or salted
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 30g goji berries
- 30g sunflower seeds, pepitas or sesame seeds (raw, toasted or dehydrated
- 30g flaked almonds or slivered or chopped nuts (raw, toasted or dehydrated)
- Freeze-dried raspberry fruit sprinkles (as pictured)
- Stand coconut butter jar in hot water to soften.
- Once soft enough to stir easily with a spoon, add to bowl with choice of sweetener and vanilla.
- Mix with metal spoon until combined and creamy.
- Add popcorn (and any extras) and fold thorough caramel. If caramel is too thick to work through popcorn, stand mixing bowl in hot water for a few mins.
- Divide between 18 mini patty pans. Optionally, top with extras.
- Place in freezer for 30 mins or so to set.
- Store in airtight container in freezer. The caramel will soften a little if exposed to heat, but it holds up a lot better than coconut oil-based raw treats.
Tip: You can make this into a slice by doubling the recipe and pressing the mixture into a lined baking tray. Really push down the mix so that it’s firmly packed. Place in the freezer to set and then cut into squares.
Note: Coconut butter is not the same as coconut oil or cacao butter, nor is it the cream off canned coconut milk or cream. Many health food stores and some supermarkets stock coconut butter.
Fast, Healthy & Delicious Fish Burger
If ever there was a super-quick, super-satisfying and super-nourishing easy meal to curb the cravings of a burger on the...
Healthy Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine
This Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine recipe is effortlessly simple and is perfect for a midweek meal. Enjoy with the...
Vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry
This vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry recipe combines creamy coconut milk with a range of spices to create the most...