Pumpkin Pancakes with Exotic Mushrooms, Sage and Ghee Recipe
A really delicious, indulgent savoury pancake when you need something a bit special. You could substitute sweet potato for the pumpkin or, to make it gluten-free, swap the spelt flour for gluten-free flour. Enjoy these Pumpkin Pancakes with Exotic Mushrooms, Sage and Ghee for breakfast!
- 2 small eggs, whisked
- ½ cup milk
- 90g pumpkin puree
- 100g spelt flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 250g mixed mushrooms (enoki, oyster, pine, or field if you prefer), sliced
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 10 sage leaves
- Ghee, for frying
- Combine eggs, milk and pumpkin puree in bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt, and mix to combine.
- In frypan over medium heat, add a little ghee and then ¼ cup scoops of batter to pan.
- Cook for about 2 mins, or until golden and little bubbles are beginning to form on the surface.
- Flip and cook on the other side until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Remove pancakes and add 1 tbsp ghee to pan.
- Add mushrooms and walnuts and cook for a few mins or to your liking.
- Add sage leaves in last couple of mins of cooking time and allow them to crisp up a little.
- Serve pancakes topped with mushrooms, walnuts and sage leaves, and a drizzle of any ghee left in pan.
Herb and Goat’s Cheese Omelette Recipe
This omelette is high in protein, can be packed with vegies and is quick to prepare. Try this Herb and...
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Raw Coffee Slice Recipe
This nourishing slice is a guilt-free piece of heaven and a must to share with a coffee-loving significant other. Enjoy!...