Pumpkin Pancakes with Exotic Mushrooms, Sage and Ghee Recipe
A really delicious, indulgent savoury pancake when you need something a bit special. You could substitute sweet potato for the pumpkin or, to make it gluten-free, swap the spelt flour for gluten-free flour. Enjoy these Pumpkin Pancakes with Exotic Mushrooms, Sage and Ghee for breakfast!
- 2 small eggs, whisked
- ½ cup milk
- 90g pumpkin puree
- 100g spelt flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 250g mixed mushrooms (enoki, oyster, pine, or field if you prefer), sliced
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 10 sage leaves
- Ghee, for frying
- Combine eggs, milk and pumpkin puree in bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt, and mix to combine.
- In frypan over medium heat, add a little ghee and then ¼ cup scoops of batter to pan.
- Cook for about 2 mins, or until golden and little bubbles are beginning to form on the surface.
- Flip and cook on the other side until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Remove pancakes and add 1 tbsp ghee to pan.
- Add mushrooms and walnuts and cook for a few mins or to your liking.
- Add sage leaves in last couple of mins of cooking time and allow them to crisp up a little.
- Serve pancakes topped with mushrooms, walnuts and sage leaves, and a drizzle of any ghee left in pan.
Jam-Packed Ricepaper Rolls Recipe
Packing these ricepaper rolls with wholesome ingredients you can create delicious parcels that will make your insides and outsides happy....
Sponsor Recipes: The Culture Co. share 3 healthy recipes
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make The Culture Co. products like a healthy Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl...
Vietnamese Meatball Soup Recipe
This Vietnamese meatball soup is a delicious, fuss-free meal that is both nutritious and healing. Enjoy our Vietnamese meatball soup...
Chicken Broth Pho Recipe
Substitute a classic stock with bone broth in this refreshing pho for the ultimate one-bowl meal with our chicken broth...