Pumpkin Pancakes with Exotic Mushrooms, Sage and Ghee Recipe
A really delicious, indulgent savoury pancake when you need something a bit special. You could substitute sweet potato for the pumpkin or, to make it gluten-free, swap the spelt flour for gluten-free flour. Enjoy these Pumpkin Pancakes with Exotic Mushrooms, Sage and Ghee for breakfast!
- 2 small eggs, whisked
- ½ cup milk
- 90g pumpkin puree
- 100g spelt flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 250g mixed mushrooms (enoki, oyster, pine, or field if you prefer), sliced
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 10 sage leaves
- Ghee, for frying
- Combine eggs, milk and pumpkin puree in bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt, and mix to combine.
- In frypan over medium heat, add a little ghee and then ¼ cup scoops of batter to pan.
- Cook for about 2 mins, or until golden and little bubbles are beginning to form on the surface.
- Flip and cook on the other side until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Remove pancakes and add 1 tbsp ghee to pan.
- Add mushrooms and walnuts and cook for a few mins or to your liking.
- Add sage leaves in last couple of mins of cooking time and allow them to crisp up a little.
- Serve pancakes topped with mushrooms, walnuts and sage leaves, and a drizzle of any ghee left in pan.
Japanese Poke Bowl Recipe
Like a party on a plate, this Japanese Poke bowl is so much fun to eat! Try our Japanese Poke...
Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? We are too! They are a regular player in our snack bag on the run. Try our...
Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters Recipe
These easy-to-make fritters are delicious and nourishing finger food for a picnic. Try our Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters today
Tofu and Kale Braised in Coconut and Chilli Recipe
Enjoy this kale dish seasoned and dressed in cooling coconut milk and spiced up with a little bit of chilli!