Rainbow Salad with Haloumi & Lemon Vinaigrette
This salad takes advantage of all the colours of the rainbow and is packed full of nutrients and superfoods. This is a perfect salad to use up any leftovers in your fridge, and produce can be changed according to the seasons. The base of leafy greens is a great source of nutrients and minerals. The lemon vinaigrette combines beautifully with the saltiness of the haloumi.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch salt
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 400g mixed greens
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small punnet medley cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- Small bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 180g haloumi, sliced
- 4 tbsp pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- 2 tbsp each pumpkin & sunflower seeds
- To make lemon vinaigrette, place all dressing ingredients in small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside
- Place mixed greens in large salad bowl. Top with avocado, cherry tomatoes, capsicum, carrot and parsley and mix gently to combine.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat, add haloumi and cook for approximately 2–3 mins each side until golden. Place haloumi on top of salad and sprinkle with pine nuts and seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Rocket, Toasted Quinoa & Walnut Salad
This salad is packed full of protein and also rich in magnesium, B vitamins, potassium and calcium. Make sure you...
Kale & Cabbage Salad with Pepitas & Cranberries
There are some terrific superfoods available, such as açaí, lucuma and spirulina. But don’t forget some of our standard vegetables...
Potato Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette
This salad is full of healthy leafy greens and peas which are a great source of vitamin K, manganese, dietary...