Raspberry Chocolate Mousse Cups
These are simple to make and a great dessert to make ahead for a dinner party or special occasion. Don’t be put off by the avocado — while it contributes great nutritional value and a creamy texture, you can’t taste it at all. The flavour combination of chocolate and raspberry packs a punch and is a match made in heaven.
GF, V, VG
- Raspberry Sauce:
- 30g frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp rice-malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 1–2 tbsp water
- 2 small to medium avocados or 1 large avocado
- 120mL coconut milk
- 50g coconut oil
- 40g cacao (unsweetened Dutch process or raw)
- 170g rice-malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla powder, extract or essence
- In high-speed blender or food processor, blend raspberry sauce ingredients until liquidised. Set aside in small bowl or jug.
- Without washing the blender, add mousse ingredients and blend until smooth. Vary the amount of sweetener up or down to suit your own taste.
- Divide between little cups, top with raspberry sauce and refrigerate for 1 hr or more.
- Served chilled.
- Store covered in fridge.
Tip: This mousse also makes a fabulous chocolate ganache for icing cakes, using either the mousse alone or also drizzled with the raspberry sauce. It’s like two recipes in one!
Fast, Healthy & Delicious Fish Burger
If ever there was a super-quick, super-satisfying and super-nourishing easy meal to curb the cravings of a burger on the...
Healthy Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine
This Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine recipe is effortlessly simple and is perfect for a midweek meal. Enjoy with the...
Vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry
This vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry recipe combines creamy coconut milk with a range of spices to create the most...