Roasted Berry and Goat’s Cheese Pizza
This pizza celebrates berries fabulously. The roasting of the berries makes them gooey and when paired with the tangy goat’s cheese, you have a beautiful, slightly sweet, slightly savoury treat.
Makes: 2 pizzas
- Pizza base
- 6g yeast
- 120mL lukewarm water
- 175g spelt flour (plus extra for kneading)
- 5g sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup goat’s cheese
- ½ cup mixed berries
- Snow pea sprouts, rocket or mint, to garnish
- Pinch salt, to serve
- Olive oil, to serve
- Mix yeast into water and leave to sit for 5 mins.
- Combine flour and salt and make a well in the centre. Add water, yeast and oil to well and mix to combine.
- Bring mix to a ball and transfer to a lightly floured bench. Knead for a good 5 mins, sprinkling on some extra flour if needed to stop mix sticking to bench and hands.
- Return to bowl, cover and pop in a warm place for 2 hours and allow to rise.
- Remove dough from bowl and knead a couple of times. Break dough in half and roll or just pull into shape.
- Arrange the goat’s cheese and berries on top and bake at 180°C for 15 mins, or until the base is golden and cooked.
- Top with greens, along with pinch of salt and drizzle of olive oil if desired.
Are you an emotional eater? These expert tips might help
How you feed your feelings can have a direct impact on your wellbeing. Often, emotional hunger has less to do...
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
How to align your diet with the seasons
Fruits and vegetables can travel a long way and be stored for a long term before you buy them. That’s...
Why you should be eating more walnuts
Walnuts are a tasty snack that’s a good source of protein as well as healthy fats that protect your heart....