Shiitake Mushroom, Tempeh & Walnut Soba Noodle Salad with Lime & Coriander Dressing
Shiitake mushrooms are renowned for their benefits for immunity, in addition to their nutritional prowess, including a healthy dose of B vitamins. Tempeh is high in fibre, protein, B vitamins and magnesium, as well as being a source of excellent fuel for gut bacteria. And walnuts have a lovely amount of magnesium and B vitamins to share with us, along with protein and healthy fats.
- 100g soba noodles
- 100g tempeh
- 100g fresh shiitake mushrooms
- Handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- ½ cup walnuts
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions and set aside.
- Slice tempeh into thin slices and fry in a little olive oil over medium–high heat until golden, turning to cook the other side.
- Remove and set aside.
- Thinly slice mushrooms and sauté with a little olive oil until coloured on both sides.
- Place noodles, coriander and basil in bowl.
- Combine lime juice, cardamom, oil and pinch of salt in cup, mixing to combine.
- Pour over noodles and toss to combine.
- Stir through tempeh and top with walnuts.
Quinoa, Broccoli & Sweet Potato Salad
Adding the superfoods to your salad makes a huge difference to your nutritional intake. Foods like walnuts and cashews are...
Beetroot, Apple & Carrot Salad
This salad packs a serious nutritional punch by combining two superfoods, beetroot and carrot. Sweeten the deal with the accompanying...
Warm Sweet Potato Salad with Turmeric Dressing
This scrumptious salad offers a richness of colour and nutrition that includes plenty of beta carotene, quality and easily digestible...