Shiitake Mushroom, Tempeh & Walnut Soba Noodle Salad with Lime & Coriander Dressing
Shiitake mushrooms are renowned for their benefits for immunity, in addition to their nutritional prowess, including a healthy dose of B vitamins. Tempeh is high in fibre, protein, B vitamins and magnesium, as well as being a source of excellent fuel for gut bacteria. And walnuts have a lovely amount of magnesium and B vitamins to share with us, along with protein and healthy fats.
- 100g soba noodles
- 100g tempeh
- 100g fresh shiitake mushrooms
- Handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- ½ cup walnuts
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions and set aside.
- Slice tempeh into thin slices and fry in a little olive oil over medium–high heat until golden, turning to cook the other side.
- Remove and set aside.
- Thinly slice mushrooms and sauté with a little olive oil until coloured on both sides.
- Place noodles, coriander and basil in bowl.
- Combine lime juice, cardamom, oil and pinch of salt in cup, mixing to combine.
- Pour over noodles and toss to combine.
- Stir through tempeh and top with walnuts.
Beetroot, Apple & Carrot Salad
This salad packs a serious nutritional punch by combining two superfoods, beetroot and carrot. Sweeten the deal with the accompanying...
Warm Sweet Potato Salad with Turmeric Dressing
This scrumptious salad offers a richness of colour and nutrition that includes plenty of beta carotene, quality and easily digestible...
Berry Salad with Skyr Dressing
Skyr teams beautifully with the sweetness and antioxidant rich nature of berries in this salad and the liquorice flavours of...