Sponsor Recipes: Bio-Beet Kvass
See the recipes below for some of the delicious creations you can make with Bio-Beet Kvass.
Kvass and Pomegranate Spritzer
- 50mL Bio-Beet Kvass
- 50mL pomegranate juice
- Dash sparkling water
- Lemon or lime wedge, to serve
- Fill glass with ice. Pour Bio-Beet Kvass and pomegranate juice over ice.
- Top up with sparkling water.
- Serve with wedge of lemon or lime to highlight those gorgeous sour notes.
- Feel free to turn this into an amazing cocktail with the addition of your favourite gin.
Vegan Beetroot & Kvass Dip
- 1 cup peeled & chopped beetroot
- ½ cup cashew nuts (can roast for extra flavour)
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 tbsp organic sunflower seeds
- ½ cup Bio-Beet Kvass
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 heaped tsp carob powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Blend all ingredients in high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour into clean, airtight glass jar and seal. Dip will keep in fridge for 3 days.
Beet Tartare & Chevre or Cashew Nut Cheese
- Beet Tartare
- 3 medium-sized beets or ½kg of beets
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp Bio-Beet Kvass
- 1 tsp horseradish or mustard
- 1 handful fresh dill
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- Salt & pepper
- 1 handful pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- Fresh dill, chopped
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- Peel beets, divide into quarters and cook in salted water for approx. 20 mins until tender.
- Let cool and transfer to food processor along with other ingredients.
- Pulse few times until beets have consistency of course grits — not too much or it ends up sauce. You can also dice by hand.
- Mix ingredients for topping.
- To serve, arrange beet tartare on serving plate, sprinkle with dollops of cheese and topping. Drizzle with olive oil and Bio-Beet Kvass and scoop up with up with fresh bread or crackers. Alternatively, add to toasted bread spread with cheese, add topping and a drizzle of olive oil and Bio-Beet Kvass.
Sponsor Recipes: Naked Foods Products
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with Naked Foods Products.
Watch now: WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about the thyroid gland
WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about the thyroid gland and the important role it plays in...
Watch now: WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about a healthy maintenance plan
WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about a healthy maintenance plan.