Sponsor Recipes: Coco Tribe
Pea, Pistachio and Herb Coconut Yoghurt Dip
- 150g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 500g Coco Tribe Natural Coconut Yoghurt
- Zest & juice 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 80g pistachios, roasted, crushed
- ½ bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves, finely chopped
- ½ bunch mint, leaves, finely chopped
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cornichon, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ small punnet baby herbs (optional)
- 2 tbsp picked dill
- Raw veggies like cucumber, lettuce leaves, baby carrots, snow peas or radishes
- Defrost peas under cold running water. Crush in blender or mortar and pestle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine yoghurt, lemon zest and juice, garlic and cumin. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine pistachios with prepared herbs, capers, cornichons, vinegar and oil then season and mix well to combine.
- Spoon yoghurt over serving plate then spoon over some of peas, pistachio and herb salsa.
- Use spoon to swirl this around and “rustically” combine.
- Spoon over some more pistachio salsa and finish with baby herbs if using and picked dill. Serve with selection of prepared raw vegetables and breads to dip.
Festive Jewel Pumpkin
- 1 small whole Jap or Kent pumpkin
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to season
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup pistachio
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp white vinegar
2 brown onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp caraway
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 cups basmati rice
Pinch saffron threads
- Zest 1 orange
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- ½ bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 2 cups Coco Tribe Natural Coconut Yoghurt
- Pomegranate molasses, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 170ºC.
- Cut pumpkin in half horizontally and scoop out seeds.
- Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on baking tray and bake for 1 hour or until soft when pierced with knife.
- Roast nuts for 5 mins in oven then remove and cool.
- Pour hot water over dried fruit and let sit for 10 mins before draining.
- Place carrot matchsticks in small bowl and combine with sugar, salt and vinegar. Leave for at least 15 mins before use.
- Place rice and saffron in small saucepan. Cover with 3 cups water and pinch of salt. Bring to boil, turn down, cover and cook on low heat for 10 mins. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 mins before removing lid and spooning rice into mixing bowl to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place sliced onions, oil and spices in small saucepan. Season and cook over low heat for 20 mins until soft and beginning to caramelise. Set aside.
- Combine rice with nuts, dried fruit, onions, pickled onion, pomegranate, orange zest and coriander. Season and mix well.
- Spoon yoghurt over roasted pumpkin halves, drizzle with pomegranate molasses then spoon rice into centre of pumpkin.
- Sugared Pistachios
- 150g water
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g pistachios
- 600mL cranberry juice
- 400mL apple juice
- ¼ cup raspberry or orange liqueur
- 1 tbsp powdered gelatin
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 300g frozen raspberries
- 24 savoiardi biscuits
- 1 punnet strawberries, cut into small pieces
- 6 figs, each cut into 6–8 pieces
- 2 punnets raspberries
- 1kg Coco Tribe Natural Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 tub Coco Tribe Vanilla, Chocolate or Salted Macadamia Ice-Cream
- 2 passionfruit seeds
- For sugared pistachios, place water and sugar in small saucepan, stirring gently to dissolve sugar. Place over high heat to bring to boil until temperature of sugar reaches 135ºC. You can tell this visually when sugar begins to colour around edge of the pan.
- Add pistachios and stir with spoon continually until sugar has completely crystallised and coated nuts. Quickly pour nuts onto lined baking tray and break apart while warm. Once cool, store in dry container.
- To begin trifle, mix 200mL of cranberry juice and apple juice with liqueur and reserve for later.
- Mix gelatin with 100mL of remaining juice in small bowl until dissolved.
- Place sugar and remaining 300mL cranberry juice and 200mL apple juice into small pot and bring to boil. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin mixture and allow to cool for 15 mins.
- Pour this into large glass trifle dish and top with frozen raspberries. Refrigerate overnight or at least 2–3 hours.
- To assemble, quickly dip half of the savoiardi biscuits one at a time into reserved juice and place over jelly in one layer. Top with half fruit yoghurt. Repeat layers one more time leaving a few raspberries to decorate when finished. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For serving, scoop ice-cream over trifle and scatter with sugared pistachios, passionfruit and reserved raspberries.
Andi-Co Falcon share three delicious recipes like Miso Eggplant with Chilli Pork
Our sponsors Andi-Co Falcon share three delicious recipes like Miso Eggplant with Chilli Pork. Yum!
Christmas Chocolate Almond and Pistachio Cookies Recipe
Pistachios are laden with antioxidants, including lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E, which makes them a healthy choice for looking after...
Strawberry & Pistachio Chocolate Bark Recipe
This is a really fun and simple recipe that kids can help you prepare at Christmas time.
Mango Passionfruit Chia Pudding Recipe
Fruity chia puddings are great for a refreshing everyday dessert or at a dinner party, dressed up in a fancy...