Sponsor recipes: Corn Thins share four healthy and delicious recipes for summer
The ancient grains in Corn Thins pop like popcorn to make a delicious crispbread with an enticing texture and a moreish grain/nutty taste. Being gluten-free and non-GMO, they are the ideal crispbread to have with your favourite toppings. Available in Woolworths.
Peanut Butter & Banana Porridge with Ancient Grains Brittle
- Ancient Grains brittle
- 6 Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slices, crushed
- ⅛ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- 110g caster sugar
- 60g glucose syrup
- 30g butter
- 2 cups gluten-free quick oats
- 2½ cups milk, plus extra to serve
- 3 bananas, peeled & chopped
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- To make Ancient Grains brittle combine crushed Ancient Grains slices with bicarb and salt. Stir sugar, glucose, butter and 30mL water in saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, then bring mixture to the boil and cook to 150°C. Add crushed Ancient Grains mixture, quickly mix (it will foam) then spread on baking paper. Cool completely then break into pieces.
- To cook porridge, combine oats and milk in large saucepan and cook according to packet instructions.
- Divide porridge between four bowls. Swirl 1 tbsp peanut butter through each bowl of porridge then top with banana and crushed Ancient Grains brittle.
Radicchio, Gruyère, Grilled Leek &Mushroom
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ clove garlic (optional)
- 4cm leek, finely sliced
- Handful mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1-2 radicchio leaves, finely chopped
- 3 CORN THINS® or Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slices
- 50g Gruyère, thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in frying pan. When warm add garlic (if desired), leek and mushrooms.
- Stir and cook mushrooms and leek until soft and slightly browned. Put aside to cool a little.
- Place radicchio on each CORN THINS® or Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slice, then layer on Gruyère. Top with mushroom and leek mix. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Coconut Yoghurt, Dragon Fruit, Strawberries & Blueberries
- 3 CORN THINS® slices or Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slices
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- ½ dragon fruit, sliced
- 6-9 strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp blueberries, halved
- Layer each CORN THINS® or Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slice with coconut yoghurt, then layer with dragon fruit, strawberries and blueberries.
- Serve immediately.
Baby Spinach, Goat’s Cheese, Strawberry, Pecan & Balsamic Glaze
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 3 x CORN THINS® slices or Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slices
- 30-40g goat’s cheese
- 30g crushed pecans
- 3 large strawberries, thinly sliced
- Balsamic glaze
- Layer a few baby spinach leaves onto each CORN THINS® or Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slice, then crumble on goat’s cheese and crushed pecans.
- Add strawberry slices, then finally drizzle on the balsamic glaze.
Sponsor recipes: Elysia Wellness Retreat and Spa share three healthy recipes
Enjoy three delicious and healthy recipes from our sponsors Elysia Wellness Retreat and Spa.
Sponsor recipes: The Bare Bird share three delicious chicken recipes for you and your family
The Bare Bird chicken products are 100 per cent antibiotic-free, accredited free-range and raised on a plant-based diet containing no...
Sponsor recipes: Tilda share three delicious and healthy recipes
From their signature Pure Basmati to their exciting range of limited editions, Tilda products will inspire you to create delicious...
Sponsor recipes: Stoney Creek share three delicious and healthy recipes for summer
Try these delicious recipes from our sponsors Stoney Creek like Zucchini, Kale & Feta Salad and a Yummy Milkshake.