Sponsor Recipes: Modi™ Apples share three healthy recipes
See the recipes below for some of the delicious creations you can make with Modi™ Apples.
Grilled Salmon with Apple Salad
- 2 salmon fillets
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt & pepper
- 2 Modi™ apples, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped
- Juice 1 lemon
- Coat salmon fillets with 2 tbsp olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Heat frypan over medium heat and add both salmon fillets skin side down.
- Cook for 5 mins until skin is crisp.
- Turn salmon fillets and cook for further 3 mins on other side.
- Add apple slices to bowl along with red onion, flat-leaf parsley, lemon juice and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with sea salt and pepper. Mix together until well combined.
- Serve salad on plate and top with piece of grilled salmon.
Spelt Apple Pies
- 3 Modi™ apples, diced
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped dried figs
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 125g butter
- 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg
- Cold water
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Add diced Modi apples, cinnamon, dried figs, raisins, honey and water to saucepan.
- Cook over low heat with lid on for 15 mins until apples have softened. Remove from heat and divide mixture between 4 ramekin dishes, then set aside to cool.
- Add spelt flour, butter and coconut palm sugar to food processor and blend to fine crumb.
- Add egg and blend until mixture comes together and forms dough. If mixture is slightly dry, you may need to add 1 tbsp cold water and blend again until dough comes together.
- Wrap pastry dough in plastic wrap and store in fridge for 30 mins.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll out onto floured surface.
- Cut 4 round shapes out of pastry, making sure they are slightly larger than ramekin dishes.
- Place each round of pastry on each ramekin and press down around edges.
- Bake for 30 mins until pastry is golden brown.
- Spelt flour gives an earthy flavour to these pies that perfectly complements the sweet acidity of Modi apples.
Apple Pie Loaf
Makes: 12 slices
- 1½ cups buckwheat flour
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh figs
- 3 Modi™ apples, thinly sliced
- Add buckwheat flour, coconut palm sugar, cinnamon and baking powder to bowl. Mix together until combined.
- In separate bowl, add all wet ingredients: almond milk, eggs and olive oil.
- Beat together and add dry ingredients along with raisins, fig and half of sliced apples.
- Mix together until combined and pour into bread tin.
- Use remaining apple to decorate top of loaf.
- Bake for 50–60 mins. Cool and serve.
That’s Amore Cheese share three delicious and healthy recipes like Buffalo Mozzarella, Beans and Tomato Bruschetta
That’s Amore Cheese share three delicious recipes the whole family will love such as their Buffalo Mozzarella, Beans & Tomato...
Table of Plenty share their Kefir No-Knead Chia Bread and other delicious recipes
Table of Plenty’s new range of Kefir is a delicious source of probiotics with 45 billion+ live cultures in every...
The Bare Bird Chicken share their Southern Fried Tenders with Gochujang Hot Mayo Dipping Sauce recipe and more
The Bare Bird share three healthy and delicious recipes like an Open Chicken Sandwich and Southern Fried Tenders with Gochujang...
How to create infused water jars
If your resolution is to drink more water we're here to help with flavour-infused water jars.