Sponsor recipes: Stoney Creek share three delicious and healthy recipes for summer
Packed with the health benefits of omega 3, protein, fibre and lignans, Stoney Creek Flaxseeds, Oil and Meal products add a smooth, nutty taste to smoothies, dressings, cereal, yoghurt and baked goods.
Zucchini, Kale & Feta Salad
- 1 tbsp Stoney Creek Organic Flaxseed Oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Juice ½ orange
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Pinch salt
2 medium zucchini, sliced into long strips using potato peeler or mandolin
- 1 handful baby kale leaves
- 100g feta or white sheep’s milk cheese
- 3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Place dressing ingredients in jar or bottle with lid and shake to combine. Refrigerate any left over.
- Place salad greens in bowl or platter, crumble over feta, sprinkle with pine nuts and toss with salad dressing. Garnish with mint and serve.
- 2 cups milk (skim, low fat, soy or rice)
- 1 tbsp quark or natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Stoney Creek Organic Flaxseed Oil
- Fresh fruit such as bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apricots
- Herbs such as mint or lemon thyme
- Honey, if desired
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Serve.
Tip: Use crushed ice or frozen berries to add chill, and cinnamon or nutmeg for garnish and flavour.
- 600g mixed dried fruit
- 175mL dry sherry (or dry liquor of choice)
- 1 cup Stoney Creek Organic Flaxseed Meal
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tightly packed cup brown sugar
- 50g chopped almonds or hazelnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp golden syrup or honey
- 100g butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- Steep dried fruit in alcohol overnight.
- Grease and line 1.5L pudding basin.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Spoon mixture into pudding basin, cover with greaseproof paper and foil, and tie down or secure with basin lid. Place on rack in steamer with water halfway up basin. Steam for 2½ hours, adding boiling water as required. Turn out and serve with custard, cream, ice-cream — or all three!
Note: For gluten-free pudding, swap plain flour and breadcrumbs for almond meal or rice flour.
Sponsor recipes: Elysia Wellness Retreat and Spa share three healthy recipes
Enjoy three delicious and healthy recipes from our sponsors Elysia Wellness Retreat and Spa.
Sponsor recipes: The Bare Bird share three delicious chicken recipes for you and your family
The Bare Bird chicken products are 100 per cent antibiotic-free, accredited free-range and raised on a plant-based diet containing no...
Sponsor recipes: Tilda share three delicious and healthy recipes
From their signature Pure Basmati to their exciting range of limited editions, Tilda products will inspire you to create delicious...