Sponsor Recipes: Tarago Cheese share four delicious recipes
See the recipes below for some of the delicious creations you can make with Tarago Cheese.
Tarago Blue Cheese Croquettes with Jack Rabbit Shiraz & Quince Sauce
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g plain flour
- 1L thickened cream
- 250g Tarago Blue Cheese
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Extra flour, for crumbing
- 300g panko bread crumbs
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Walnuts, to serve
- Jack Rabbit Shiraz & Quince Barbecue Sauce
- 4 tbsp Jack Rabbit Shiraz
- 100g quince paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard + 150g tomato sauce (store-bought)
- 2 tbsp apple-cider vinegar + 40g brown sugar
- Melt butter in heavy-based pot, add flour and cook out until flour colour changes slightly.
- Whisk in cream a little at a time until very thick.
- Add cheese and salt, stir till cheese has melted. Cool mixture overnight.
- Meanwhile, to make barbecue sauce, add all ingredients to heavy-based saucepan. Stir until quince paste has melted and sauce has thickened.
- Roll croquette mixture into golfball-sized balls.
- Whisk eggs and milk to create an egg wash.
- Crumb croquettes using flour first, then egg wash, followed by bread crumbs.
- Fry croquettes until golden brown and centre is hot. Serve with barbecue sauce, rocket leaves and walnuts.
- 5 sheets gold gelatine
- 500g cream cheese
- 200g Tarago Shadows of Blue cheese, plus extra to crumble
- 400g condensed milk
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- Pumpkin Seed Crumble
- 50g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 20g icing sugar
- Coffee Ice-Cream
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 120mL espresso coffee
- 1 cup cream + 20g ground coffee
- Soak gelatine in cold water until soft.
- In electric mixer, whip cream cheese, Shadows of Blue cheese, condensed milk and pumpkin puree until soft and creamy.
- Heat lemon juice in saucepan and add gelatine to dissolve. Add cheese mixture and mix well. Pour into tray and place in fridge for 4 hours to set.
- Next, to make pumpkin seed crumble, blitz ingredients in food processor to crumble consistency.
- To make coffee ice-cream, beat sugar and egg yolks until pale and creamy. Bring milk and coconut oil to simmer in saucepan and whisk in egg mixture. Heat to 82°C, gently stirring to prevent egg scrambling. Cool mixture before adding salt, espresso, cream and ground coffee. Churn in ice-cream machine or place in bowl and freeze overnight.
- Once cheesecake is set, cut into portions and serve with coffee ice-cream, pumpkin seed mix and crumbled Tarago Shadows of Blue.
Roasted Carrot Salad with Tarago Shadows of Blue
- 2 bunches heirloom carrots, trimmed
- Salt & pepper, to season
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- 40g smoked almonds, chopped
- 35g fresh coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp good-quality, Romesco sauce (store-bought)
- 60g Tarago Shadows of Blue cheese
- Season carrots with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and roast in oven at 180°C for 12 mins or until tender. Allow carrots to cool.
- Add smoked almonds, coriander leaves and Romesco sauce to carrots.
- Serve with crumbled Tarago Shadows of Blue cheese on top.
Japanese Poke Bowl Recipe
Like a party on a plate, this Japanese Poke bowl is so much fun to eat! Try our Japanese Poke...
Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? We are too! They are a regular player in our snack bag on the run. Try our...
Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters Recipe
These easy-to-make fritters are delicious and nourishing finger food for a picnic. Try our Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters today
Tofu and Kale Braised in Coconut and Chilli Recipe
Enjoy this kale dish seasoned and dressed in cooling coconut milk and spiced up with a little bit of chilli!