Sponsor Recipes: Tarago Cheese share four delicious recipes
See the recipes below for some of the delicious creations you can make with Tarago Cheese.
Tarago Blue Cheese Croquettes with Jack Rabbit Shiraz & Quince Sauce
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g plain flour
- 1L thickened cream
- 250g Tarago Blue Cheese
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Extra flour, for crumbing
- 300g panko bread crumbs
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Walnuts, to serve
- Jack Rabbit Shiraz & Quince Barbecue Sauce
- 4 tbsp Jack Rabbit Shiraz
- 100g quince paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard + 150g tomato sauce (store-bought)
- 2 tbsp apple-cider vinegar + 40g brown sugar
- Melt butter in heavy-based pot, add flour and cook out until flour colour changes slightly.
- Whisk in cream a little at a time until very thick.
- Add cheese and salt, stir till cheese has melted. Cool mixture overnight.
- Meanwhile, to make barbecue sauce, add all ingredients to heavy-based saucepan. Stir until quince paste has melted and sauce has thickened.
- Roll croquette mixture into golfball-sized balls.
- Whisk eggs and milk to create an egg wash.
- Crumb croquettes using flour first, then egg wash, followed by bread crumbs.
- Fry croquettes until golden brown and centre is hot. Serve with barbecue sauce, rocket leaves and walnuts.
- 5 sheets gold gelatine
- 500g cream cheese
- 200g Tarago Shadows of Blue cheese, plus extra to crumble
- 400g condensed milk
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- Pumpkin Seed Crumble
- 50g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 20g icing sugar
- Coffee Ice-Cream
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 120mL espresso coffee
- 1 cup cream + 20g ground coffee
- Soak gelatine in cold water until soft.
- In electric mixer, whip cream cheese, Shadows of Blue cheese, condensed milk and pumpkin puree until soft and creamy.
- Heat lemon juice in saucepan and add gelatine to dissolve. Add cheese mixture and mix well. Pour into tray and place in fridge for 4 hours to set.
- Next, to make pumpkin seed crumble, blitz ingredients in food processor to crumble consistency.
- To make coffee ice-cream, beat sugar and egg yolks until pale and creamy. Bring milk and coconut oil to simmer in saucepan and whisk in egg mixture. Heat to 82°C, gently stirring to prevent egg scrambling. Cool mixture before adding salt, espresso, cream and ground coffee. Churn in ice-cream machine or place in bowl and freeze overnight.
- Once cheesecake is set, cut into portions and serve with coffee ice-cream, pumpkin seed mix and crumbled Tarago Shadows of Blue.
Roasted Carrot Salad with Tarago Shadows of Blue
- 2 bunches heirloom carrots, trimmed
- Salt & pepper, to season
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- 40g smoked almonds, chopped
- 35g fresh coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp good-quality, Romesco sauce (store-bought)
- 60g Tarago Shadows of Blue cheese
- Season carrots with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and roast in oven at 180°C for 12 mins or until tender. Allow carrots to cool.
- Add smoked almonds, coriander leaves and Romesco sauce to carrots.
- Serve with crumbled Tarago Shadows of Blue cheese on top.
Jam-Packed Ricepaper Rolls Recipe
Packing these ricepaper rolls with wholesome ingredients you can create delicious parcels that will make your insides and outsides happy....
Sponsor Recipes: The Culture Co. share 3 healthy recipes
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make The Culture Co. products like a healthy Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl...
Vietnamese Meatball Soup Recipe
This Vietnamese meatball soup is a delicious, fuss-free meal that is both nutritious and healing. Enjoy our Vietnamese meatball soup...
Chicken Broth Pho Recipe
Substitute a classic stock with bone broth in this refreshing pho for the ultimate one-bowl meal with our chicken broth...