Sponsor Recipes: That's Amore Cheese
Diavoletti and Giardiniera with Kale Chips
- Prepare giardiniera 3 days in advance.
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cauliflower, diced
- 50g salt
- 50mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 2 bay leaves
- 500mL white-wine vinegar
- 200mL water
- 1 bunch kale
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 × That’s Amore Cheese Diavoletti
- To make giardiniera (pickled vegetables) place capsicum, celery, carrots, onion, zucchini and cauliflower in large bowl.
- Stir in salt and fill with enough cold water to cover. Place plastic wrap over bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day drain salty water and rinse vegetables.
- In separate bowl place olive oil, garlic, bay leaves, vinegar and water and mix well. Combine with vegetable mixture, cover and refrigerate for 3 days before using.
- To make kale chips, preheat oven to 200C.
- Rinse and thoroughly dry kale and cut into small strips discarding any big stems. Spread kale over baking sheet, ensuring that strips touch as little as possible.
- Drizzle with olive oil, toss and bake for 15–20 mins or until crisp. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Heat non-stick pan. Cut That’s Amore Cheese Diavoletti lengthways, place in pan olive-side down, and cook for 2 mins each side.
- Serve immediately with kale chips and pickled vegetables as a side.
Risotto, Radicchio and Squacquerone
- 2L vegetable stock
- 1 small radicchio head
- 50mL olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 450g Arborio rice
- 300mL red wine
- 125g That’s Amore Cheese Squacquerone
- 75g butter
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Bring vegetable stock to a simmer in medium pot. Keep at a simmer, covered, over low heat.
- Cut radicchio into shreds. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add radicchio, season and simmer for 15 mins. Add a splash of wine or water when it starts to dry out.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large saucepan. Add onion and sauté for 5 mins. Add rice and cook, stirring constantly for 3 mins.
- Add wine, stirring until wine is completely absorbed by rice.
- Add 1 cup of stock at a time to rice and cook. Stir constantly and wait until stock is completely absorbed before adding next cup, keeping rice at constant simmer. Reduce heat to medium–low if mixture starts to boil.
- After 10 mins add cooked radicchio. Stir well and continue adding stock until rice is just tender to the bite.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once rice is cooked remove from heat and stir in squacquerone cheese, butter and parsley. Cover with lid and let risotto rest for 2 mins before serving.
- 100g That’s Amore Cheese Ricotta
- 150g That’s Amore Cheese Caciocavallo, grated
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 70g fresh breadcrumbs
- 100mL olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 × 80g thin-cut beef or veal steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100mL white wine
- Toothpick or kitchen string
- Preheat oven to 160ºC.
- To prepare filling, combine all ingredients with olive oil and mix well.
- Place steaks between 2 sheets of baking paper and pound each slice with rolling pin or meat mallet until thin.
- Place 2 tbsp of filling in the centre of each steak. Roll each slice tightly enclosing filling and secure sides with toothpicks or kitchen string.
- Heat heavy-based ovenproof pan over a medium heat and add drizzle of olive oil. Brown steak rolls on all sides.
- Add wine to pan and simmer for a few mins.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake for 20 mins, turning steak rolls halfway.
- Serve with green salad.
Andi-Co Falcon share three delicious recipes like Miso Eggplant with Chilli Pork
Our sponsors Andi-Co Falcon share three delicious recipes like Miso Eggplant with Chilli Pork. Yum!
Christmas Chocolate Almond and Pistachio Cookies Recipe
Pistachios are laden with antioxidants, including lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E, which makes them a healthy choice for looking after...
Strawberry & Pistachio Chocolate Bark Recipe
This is a really fun and simple recipe that kids can help you prepare at Christmas time.
Mango Passionfruit Chia Pudding Recipe
Fruity chia puddings are great for a refreshing everyday dessert or at a dinner party, dressed up in a fancy...