Sponsor recipes: Yumi's share three delicious and satisfying recipes
The possibilities of what you can create with Yumi’s Classic Dips, Falafel and Veggie Bites ranges are endless. They’ve taken traditional recipes to bring authentic flavours to your household. All Yumi’s products combine real ingredients to create delicious products perfect for entertaining.
- 160g plain flour
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 150mL lukewarm milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp Yumi’s Roasted Beetroot dip, plus extra to serve
- 2¼ tsp instant dried yeast
- 1 tbsp sour cream, plus extra to serve
- Melted ghee, to fry
- Smoked salmon, capers, dill & cracked black pepper, to serve
- Place flour in large bowl and make well in centre.
- Add sugar and salt to milk and mix well. Stir in egg yolks, Yumi’s Roasted Beetroot dip and yeast and mix until all dissolved. Pour into flour and slowly incorporate flour into liquid, mixing until combined. Leave dough in a warm place for about an hour until doubled in size.
- Stir in sour cream, whisk egg whites to soft peaks and fold into dough.
- Heat large, non-stick frying pan over low–medium heat. Brush melted ghee over base of pan to coat. Spoon tbsp-size dollops of mixture into pan (you may need to do this in batches, depending on pan size), fry for 40 secs then flip and fry for a further 40 secs.
- Serve topped with small amount of extra Roasted Beetroot dip, sour cream, smoked salmon, capers, dill and cracked black pepper.
Breakfast Tacos with Hommus
- 12 soft tacos
- Large knob butter
- 12 eggs
- 60mL thickened cream
- 1 tub Yumi’s Traditional Middle Eastern Hommus
- 1 large avocado, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 × 400g tin black beans, drained & rinsed
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 red bird’s-eye chilli, thinly sliced, to serve (optional)
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Prepare tacos according to packet instructions. Keep warm.
- Heat butter in large frying pan over low heat until melted and frothy. Whisk together eggs and cream, then pour into pan and cook, stirring regularly, until egg has just set. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spread tacos with generous spoonful of Yumi’s Traditional Middle Eastern Hommus. Divide scrambled eggs over top, top with avocado slices, black beans, coriander leaves and chilli. Squeeze lime wedges over just before serving.
Burger with Yumi’s Special Sauce
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 8 store-bought Angus beef burger patties
- ½ brown onion, very finely chopped
- 8 burger buns, cut in half (you will need 8 burger bases & 4 burger tops)
- 8 slices cheese
- Pickle slices
- Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 × 200g tub Yumi’s Aioli with Dill
- 70g gherkin relish
- 1½ tbsp mild American mustard
- 1 tsp white-wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- To make special sauce, combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- Heat grapeseed oil in large frying pan over medium–high heat. Fry patties, 4 at a time, 2–3 mins each side, until browned and cooked through.
- Place onion into microwave-safe container with 2 tbsp water, cover (leaving lid slightly opened) and microwave for 2 mins until steamed.
- To assemble, spread 1 tbsp special sauce onto 4 burger bun bases. Top each with 2 slices of cheese, lettuce then 1 beef patty. Sprinkle with cooked onions. Top with another burger bun base, another tbsp of sauce, lettuce, pickle slices, beef patty and onions. Top with burger bun top and serve immediately.
Sponsor recipes: Elysia Wellness Retreat and Spa share three healthy recipes
Enjoy three delicious and healthy recipes from our sponsors Elysia Wellness Retreat and Spa.
Sponsor recipes: The Bare Bird share three delicious chicken recipes for you and your family
The Bare Bird chicken products are 100 per cent antibiotic-free, accredited free-range and raised on a plant-based diet containing no...
Sponsor recipes: Tilda share three delicious and healthy recipes
From their signature Pure Basmati to their exciting range of limited editions, Tilda products will inspire you to create delicious...
Sponsor recipes: Stoney Creek share three delicious and healthy recipes for summer
Try these delicious recipes from our sponsors Stoney Creek like Zucchini, Kale & Feta Salad and a Yummy Milkshake.