Sri Lankan Pomegranate Love Cake Recipe
This is a gorgeous cake that sings with the flavours of cardamom, nutmeg and lime. Do yourself a favour and make the extra bit of effort to finely grate fresh nutmeg; you will never go back to buying ground nutmeg again. The whole family will adore this Sri Lankan Pomegranate Love Cake! Recipe
Makes: 1 cake
- 75g ghee
- 75g olive oil
- 130g rapadura sugar (or caster sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 300g natural yoghurt
- 1½–2 tsp lime zest
- 100g cashews, unsalted & blitzed in food processor or blender
- 110g white spelt flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 150g natural Greek yoghurt
- 150g cream cheese, softened at room temperature, cubed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, to taste
- Seeds ½ pomegranate
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Combine ghee, oil and sugar in stand mixer and mix until creamy and sugar has mostly dissolved.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Add yoghurt and lime zest and mix until combined.
- In separate bowl, sift together cashews, flour, spices, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually fold into mix.
- Bake for 50–55 mins, or until lightly golden on top and skewer comes out clean.
- For icing, add yoghurt, cream cheese and maple syrup to bowl of stand mixer and whip with whisk attachment until smooth and creamy.
- Once cake has cooled, spread icing on top and decorate with pomegranate seeds.
Vegie Balls & Wholemeal Penne in Tomato Sauce with Pesto Recipe
This is my plant-based version of the classic Italian pasta and meatballs. You can make super-good balls from vegies and...
Slow-Cooked Lamb and Pomegranate Salad Recipe
Lamb is a good sources of vitamin B12 which plays a vital role in healthy nervous system and brain function....
Plant-Based Butterbean Chickpea Tagine Recipe
Hands down some of the easiest yet wow-factor dishes are those that land in a slow cooker. The slow,...
Hemp and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
This is an interesting way to use hemp. It has a clean and creamy texture and flavour.