Sri Lankan Pomegranate Love Cake Recipe
This is a gorgeous cake that sings with the flavours of cardamom, nutmeg and lime. Do yourself a favour and make the extra bit of effort to finely grate fresh nutmeg; you will never go back to buying ground nutmeg again. The whole family will adore this Sri Lankan Pomegranate Love Cake! Recipe
Makes: 1 cake
- 75g ghee
- 75g olive oil
- 130g rapadura sugar (or caster sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 300g natural yoghurt
- 1½–2 tsp lime zest
- 100g cashews, unsalted & blitzed in food processor or blender
- 110g white spelt flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 150g natural Greek yoghurt
- 150g cream cheese, softened at room temperature, cubed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, to taste
- Seeds ½ pomegranate
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Combine ghee, oil and sugar in stand mixer and mix until creamy and sugar has mostly dissolved.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Add yoghurt and lime zest and mix until combined.
- In separate bowl, sift together cashews, flour, spices, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually fold into mix.
- Bake for 50–55 mins, or until lightly golden on top and skewer comes out clean.
- For icing, add yoghurt, cream cheese and maple syrup to bowl of stand mixer and whip with whisk attachment until smooth and creamy.
- Once cake has cooled, spread icing on top and decorate with pomegranate seeds.
Persian Stuffed Eggplant Recipe
These stuffed eggplants are beautifully balanced with savoury and sweet flavours. And you can substitute lamb with lentils to make...
Persian Baked Eggs Recipe
This Persian baked eggs dish is like comfort in a bowl. Dial up the spice with the addition of chilli,...
Crispy Persian Rice Recipe
This pan-fried Persian rice dish has a crisp golden crust with soft fluffy rice inside. It's a delicious side dish...
Beetroot Yoghurt Dip Recipe
This beetroot dip is a super-nutritious snack to keep in the fridge with many of the traditional flavours inspired by...