A Super Green Salad that celebrates whole foods
I truly believe all whole foods — fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, beans, legumes and whole grains — are super, but I’d be lying if I didn’t also admit that greens definitely top my personal list of go-to superfoods. Green vegetables are incredibly dense in micronutrients and low in starch, and easily comprise the majority of my plate at every meal.
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, grated
- ½ cup mung bean or mixed sprouts
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- ¼ iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves, finely sliced
- ½ cup parsley leaves, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp toasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp toasted pepitas
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- Whisk together ingredients for dressing and set aside.
- Toss together all ingredients for salad except avocado, drizzle with dressing and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Layer half the salad onto plate, followed by half the avocado slices. Repeat and serve.