What happens when you combine a classic Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado and Tomato (BLAT) sandwich with the trendy TikTok tortilla? Deliciousness, that’s what!
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 2 large tortillas
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Start by cooking the bacon to preferred level of crispiness.
- Meanwhile, scoop out the avocado flesh and mash in a bowl, and thinly slice the tomato
- Lay the tortillas out on the bench and cut 4 lines, 1 at each quarter, leaving the centre untouched (you will need this to fold the BLAT)
- Starting at the bottom left and moving clockwise, spread the avocado onto that quarter, the tomato on the next quarter, the spinach and then the bacon
- Carefully take the avocado quarter and fold it over the tomato, then fold that over onto the spinach and finally over onto the bacon. You will end up with a thick wedge with 4 layers.
- Heat a sandwich press and lightly toast the layered BLAT. Alternatively, toast it in a dry frying pan over high heat
- Note: I used spinach instead of lettuce, but BSAT doesn’t have the same ring to it!