Turkish-Style Eggs Recipe
I learnt this recipe from a good Turkish friend about 20 years ago. I’ve changed it slightly, but it’s still my favourite Turkish-Style Eggs Recipe.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled & chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled & roughly chopped
- Freshly ground salt & pepper
- 2 eggs
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Heat 16cm frypan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and onion and fry until soft.
- Add tomato, season with salt and pepper and fry until just soft.
- Make 2 small wells in tomato, crack in eggs, season, cover and cook for 2 mins or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Tip: Swap parsley for any fresh herb that takes your fancy and add some finely chopped red capsicum or smoked salmon if you want to switch it up.
Eggs increase E absorption
Not only do eggs add flavour to a salad, they enhance the salad in other ways as well.
Eggs and the heart
Research suggests eggs do not increase the risk of heart attack.
The whole truth
A study into eggs and diabetes has confirmed a larger food truth.